Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mterlouw

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2006
iphonegoof.png

This photo contradicts itself. The iPhone capacity is shown twice, with drastically different values each time.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
This photo contradicts itself. The iPhone capacity is shown twice, with drastically different values each time.

I'm inclined to believe the 80gig values, as the other info, name, serial number, etc, are all stored values in .plists or something somewhere. However, the bar on the bottom isn't likely to show values that are that far off the mark.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
I'm inclined to believe the 80gig values, as the other info, name, serial number, etc, are all stored values in .plists or something somewhere. However, the bar on the bottom isn't likely to show values that are that far off the mark.

That is a very good point.

The only thing I will note is that when you sync an iPod you can pick whatever name you want so if I wanted to call my iPod Alex's iPhone I could. So the name is of little help here, but it is difficult to reconcile how the same iPhone or iPod, whatever it is, could present two very different capacities.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
well there are rumors going around that there will be some surprises on friday.........................

hahaha... yeah right. :D

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
Apple: "Oh sorry, that's a mistake. We were just using a iPhone v2 prototype because we didn't want to waste a production iPhone."

Hey, we can hope right? :D

Nagooya

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Wouldn't you like to know?
It's a slip up, because everything he added to that iPhone would deffinitely not amount to 60 GB of stuff ( i think that's about what it was ). He added some songs, some contact info, one TV show, and one movie. Typo!

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
there are already a thousand threads about that, and it's just a mistake, because the itunes shown on the vid is not a actual version on a mac os X it's a upgraded one. that's why the status bar is in a different color: see photo:
itunesloadbarpg5.jpg

By lofight at 2007-06-26

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
if the capacity has jumped then i'm getting one this weekend. oh my wife is going to be pissed.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
which would be probably 80gigs with software

they probably just used an 80gig ipod. I highly doubt they would advertise 4 and 8 and then all the sudden come out with 80. absurd.

They did it with the original MacBook Pro.

Apr 10, 2007
there are already a thousand threads about that, and it's just a mistake, because the itunes shown on the vid is not a actual version on a mac os X it's a upgraded one. that's why the status bar is in a different color: see photo:
hum maybe they will release a new itunes by friday

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
C'mon, stop with this crap. It was an editing mistake, the phones are still going to be 4gig and 8gig.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
Do you really think iPhone will come with 80GB of storage; then it would cost a little more i think...

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
hum maybe they will release a new itunes by friday

I expect it either today or tomorrow...also, there will be an update to Address Book as well. In The tutorial video when he shows how to add a new Contact in the Phone, there is a tab for the contact called "Ringtones." I imagine you can set each persons ringtone...likely to be updated as well.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
I expect it either today or tomorrow...also, there will be an update to Address Book as well. In The tutorial video when he shows how to add a new Contact in the Phone, there is a tab for the contact called "Ringtones." I imagine you can set each persons ringtone...likely to be updated as well.

But you can't choose your MP3's for a persons maybe your ringtones that come standard with he iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.