Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
ive been seeing a lot of posts of ppls macbooks being defective or problems...is there any info on a defect rate of the macbooks...

im in the market for a new mac...just not sure if i wanna get a macbook since i dont want to deal with ne problems....i was also even considering getting an imac once thats released.....

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
People are much more likely to post about their problems with a MacBook than when they're happy with it. If there are any problems, then you can get it repaired by Apple. Apple has the lowest defect rate among PC manufactures, only Sony is close (according to PC Mag at least.). So don't worry so much, buy it and enjoy!

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
yeah i figured more ppl post about their problems...im just paranoid of keep getting it repaired...

which is more defective? macbooks or imacs

2hondas

macrumors regular
May 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, most people will post threads about their problems.

I would guess Macbooks would have a defect rate because they are always being moved around, etc.. (they are laptops afterall), while the iMac just sits in one spot its whole life.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I'd say iMacs in general, but my parents have an iMac and it has more problems than my iBook and MacBook Pro did combined. Although MacBook are going to be carried around, so that gives them more wear and tear.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
i currently have a laptop but its near death and ive never taken it out of my room....

if i do get a macbook id definitely move it around it...im just scared that itll break up if i keep moving it around...

im gonna wait till i see the specs on the new imac b4 i go for the macbook

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
i currently have a laptop but its near death and ive never taken it out of my room....

if i do get a macbook id definitely move it around it...im just scared that itll break up if i keep moving it around...

im gonna wait till i see the specs on the new imac b4 i go for the macbook

I took my iBook G4 to school everyday for a year and it never gave me any trouble, and my MacBook Pro hasn't given me that much trouble either and it's gotten the same treatment. 'Though I have to admit that I am very careful with it. If you're really worried, you could invest in this and get a good protective laptop case or sleeve.

-Nick

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
I recently ordered a new 2.16C2D white Macbook, and its been perfect. I don't have any of the defects that people have been posting about.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
i am very careful with my things too...especially electronics...
i dont think ill get those speck seethru cases...i heard they scratch it...

i may just get those neoprene sleeves....lets just pray i dont get a bad macbook....

poke4christ

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
whatever your problems are, Apple will work with it. Don't let problem hold you back. I've got a small issue with my new MBP I got in the mail monday. They told me at the Apple store today that I just had to bring in the box and they would trade me for a new one. So if you are near an apple store, they take care of you.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
i am very careful with my things too...especially electronics...
i dont think ill get those speck seethru cases...i heard they scratch it...

i may just get those neoprene sleeves....lets just pray i dont get a bad macbook....

Someone mentioned these here yesterday, I think they're great, but a fifty year old man with one on his Macbook might not be that cool.

http://www.gelaskins.com/4/4_2_0.php?CategoryID=7&p=1

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.