Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAlba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Sync'd contacts using apple address book. Everything looks fine in address book accept for caller id. Same address book works fine on my Treo. Any suggestions?

DAlba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Ok, so it appears to be doing it with just one number which happens to be my other cell phone number on my Treo.

I took the sim card out of the treo and put it in another phone. Called my iPhone and it does the same thing.

Tried erasing the contact number and re-entered. Same problem. If I store my number in contacts with the 011 1 before it; the caller id works. Also, if i enter my number in contacts without the area code it works. This is very weird.

Any suggestions??

miamioutdoorsgu

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2007
I have the same issue only with calls from other AT&T phones

Hi,
I have the same issue from calls from other AT&T phones. All my ohter calls work OK.
I called AT&T and the support guy was clueless.
I asked him to open a ticket on it, since it appears to be an AT&T issue.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
My iphone started displaying caller id from my home phone with ane extra 1 in front of it, so it goes like 11301xxxxxxx instead of 1 (301) xxx-xxxx. No spaces, no ( ) on the area code. And when you try to recall that number it obviosly won't go through. No one seems to haver a clue why. This doesn't happen on every number calling me, just some.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.