Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005

On iPhone night, I picked up the Skintight from Speck. It cost $29.95 and included in the box were two cases and a belt clip. I slipped on the case as per the instructions and....

Picture 2_500.jpg

Read More

Dan Peterson

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2007
That's awesome! (the Starbucks story, obviously not the case :p ) ... it's still gonna be about a month before I get my iPhone but dammit, I want some free stuff! ;)

I was worried about a lot of those pre-release cases and figured I'll just wait until iLounge comes out with some final reviews on a few cases before deciding for sure. Needs to be perfect!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Haha. Awesome job on the free Starbucks stuff. Are you in the pic with the Starbucks dude? I can't tell. If I don't make sense it's because I'm uber tired and I'm about to go to bed.

nah... it's not her. the person in the pic has a starbucks uniform on.

arn

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I'm addicted to Starbucks soy chais, so the idea of getting free ones almost makes me want to shell out $600 for an iPhone.

Wait... that doesn't make sense... :(

Cool story, though! :D

Vidar

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I bought the same Speck cases, except I got the black and clear cases, and I must say they both fit perfectly on my iPhone. Maybe you just got a bad batch, or the pink ones aren't sized right, but the ones I got fit perfect.

V

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
The incase rubber/silicone ones are AMAZING! They are the only one I see people using and they are getting great reviews. They come in black, grey, and red. Black looks really slick!

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
The incase rubber/silicone ones are AMAZING! They are the only one I see people using and they are getting great reviews. They come in black, grey, and red. Black looks really slick!

Hey I totally Agree! I have the black one and it looks so sleek with the frame of the phone. I recommend their cases to any Iphone buyer!

Bahwinkle

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Houston
I'm impressed with the caliber of the iPhone photo. The clarity of the photos I've seen, with only ambient light, is terrific. The baristas photo is quite nice and looks like it should be a Starbucks advertisement or training pamplet. I'd never have expected the quality from a phone.

Go, Apple R & D!

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
I grabbed the SkinTight cases. Both fit perfectly (black and clear in one pack), but the black one has all these weird splotches on it. Definitely not up to the standards that Speck used to be at. I tried out a Speck ToughSkin case, a clear one, and it was even more ill-fitting than the one in the photo!

Finally settled on an InCase leather job they had at the Apple store. It has the world's tightest belt clip - not even sure why you'd really want to clip it to anything, what with the screen facing out and all! But it feels nice in the hand, and it's thick enough so that I don't have to worry about getting sweat/face grease all over the phone the times that I actually need to put it up to my ear. Ew, who wants to do that?! ;)

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I'm impressed with the caliber of the iPhone photo. The clarity of the photos I've seen, with only ambient light, is terrific. The baristas photo is quite nice and looks like it should be a Starbucks advertisement or training pamplet. I'd never have expected the quality from a phone.

Are we sure the barista photo was taken with an iPhone?
Aren't they holding the phone in the picture? That would make me think the photo was taken by another camera. Unless katie ta achoo was luckier than we thought and actually got two iPhones. :D

Anyway, the iPhone pics I've seen in opther places ARE quite nice, and much better than I ever expected they'd be...

Bahwinkle

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Houston
Are we sure the barista photo was taken with an iPhone?
Aren't they holding the phone in the picture? That would make me think the photo was taken by another camera. Unless katie ta achoo was luckier than we thought and actually got two iPhones. :D

Anyway, the iPhone pics I've seen in opther places ARE quite nice, and much better than I ever expected they'd be...

Sorry. My eyes are are failing. You are right. They are holding the phone. Other photos I've received through e-mail directly from the iPhone have been surprisingly good.

Thank you.

jellis

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2006
Saturday morning, the day after I picked up my iPhone, I went to a friend’s daughter Ellie's 1st birthday party. Like most 1st birthdays it was more of a family get together with a bunch of grandparents and great uncles than it was actual friends of the birthday girl. After I was there for a few minutes I got a text message from a friend and pulled my phone out to check it. While replying one of the aunts was over my shoulder looking at it and asked, "is that the iPhone?" I told her it was and gave it to her to play with. For about the next hour my phone was passed around to every relative from NH to Virginia. I only got it back when I did get a phone call or text and then off it went again. I later found out that me and my iPhone were the hit of little Ellie's party and that I am invited back anytime. It seems as though the iPhone is an instant friend maker.

torvald27

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Free Tiramisu

My wife and I picked up an iPhone on Saturday at the Mall of America and decided to have lunch. After we ordered our food, we started unpacking the iPhone and our waiter asked about it and then called the manager over. We let them play with it for a little bit and finished lunch. When it came time to get the bill, they brought us a tiramisu with a candle in it and said it was on them as a congratulations on getting an iPhone. I haven't used the iPhone in public since, however, so I don't know if it is something that will happen again.

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
My wife and I picked up an iPhone on Saturday at the Mall of America and decided to have lunch. After we ordered our food, we started unpacking the iPhone and our waiter asked about it and then called the manager over. We let them play with it for a little bit and finished lunch. When it came time to get the bill, they brought us a tiramisu with a candle in it and said it was on them as a congratulations on getting an iPhone. I haven't used the iPhone in public since, however, so I don't know if it is something that will happen again.

hey in olive garden i got a free appetizer for letting the waiter use my iphone :)

iphoneluver

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
case

i bought the same exact kit and it fit around my phone just fine. Maybe you stretched it too far or something?

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
mmm, soy chai. that sounds yummy. Bummer about the case though, my iQase SiDE on the other hand fits beautifully. And I don't look silly with it on my belt! Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

nohats

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
free stuff for showing iphone

Similar story to the star bucks freebie.. i got a free half and half and then an around the world from this girl on telephone road for showing her my iPhone.. but then she took my iPhone while I wasn't looking...

:-(

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I have a Speck case/belt clip combo for my pathetically outdated, 'can't ever get something free for showing it off' Treo 650. It [the case] works very well - nice and snug, all the openings line up as needed, and typing on the keypad is as easy as if the cover wasn't there at all. I'm surprised that the iPhone case they sell sucks so bad. At least it is a pretty pink color.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
With all the free things people are getting from just letting people play with their iPhones, suddenly $500-600 doesn't seem so expensive.... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.