Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
Does anyone happen to have them in your home? If you don't, it is probably handy for you. Especially Wii Sports. It is good for exercise and building strength (although it could have more options for it. What do you guys think of it?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It's the best games system I've bought :) still playing Wii Sports with the family, and that Mario Smash Football game. Whilst Metal Slug and Zelda for the hardcore days. Excite Truck is just plain fun (with your own music on the SD card). And Resident Evil 4 is just :eek:

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
I have still never seen one in person. It's been perpetually sold out everywhere around me. I'll just be patient and get one eventually, maybe by then there will be more than two games that I'd play for over an hour.

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I've had mine since launch day. Zelda is very good, Wii Sports is fun for the family. To be honest I'm a big fan of Nintendo but there isn't enough choice of games yet, hopefully that will change in the lead up to Christmas.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
It's the best games system I've bought :) still playing Wii Sports with the family, and that Mario Smash Football game. Whilst Metal Slug and Zelda for the hardcore days. Excite Truck is just plain fun (with your own music on the SD card). And Resident Evil 4 is just :eek:

Is the Mario Football game really out? What is it like?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Got it a few weeks ago. It's a great game, but really only playable in short bursts. Against human players is as hectic as hell - CPU is quite easy though.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I bought my Wii about a month ago when i called and someone finally said, "yes, weve got 6 sitting right here." Got it at walmart. The first games i bought were Call of duty 3 and spidey 3. I still havent finished either. I got way to wrapped up in Zelda TP. Now that was a great game, took me about 65 solid hours of play to beat! I have wii sports and wii play for when friends come over. The only wii sports/play games i play by myself are tennis, bowling and billiards. I only play them because i got to pro status and its pretty fun lol.

Right now im on my resident evil 4 fix. I picked that game up the day it came out, wow, what a good game. Lots of blood and gore, great controls and storyline. Not to mention that the pricetag made my wallet happy, only 30 dollars for what can easily been charged 50 for.

The wii channels are decent. I only use internet browser, news and weather on a daily basis. Ever once in a while i go to the mii channel to receive miis that ppl send me. Same goes for everybody votes, i just go on to vote, predict and check results. I cant use the photo channel cause i dont have a compatible SD card. the wii is easily the best system ive owned.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I got mine near my birthday. Went to some restaurant in Manchester, had a walk around later and saw that Argos had ~6 Wii's after the pre-orders were filled, though after the next shipment in 2 days time. Put a pre-order down, turned up 2 days later (~Jan 10th) and it was mine :D

Very very lucky. Caroline didn't get hers till a month later despite having 3 pre-orders with different shops. All of which turned up at the same time!

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
I bought my Wii about a month ago when i called and someone finally said, "yes, weve got 6 sitting right here." Got it at walmart. The first games i bought were Call of duty 3 and spidey 3. I still havent finished either. I got way to wrapped up in Zelda TP. Now that was a great game, took me about 65 solid hours of play to beat! I have wii sports and wii play for when friends come over. The only wii sports/play games i play by myself are tennis, bowling and billiards. I only play them because i got to pro status and its pretty fun lol.

Right now im on my resident evil 4 fix. I picked that game up the day it came out, wow, what a good game. Lots of blood and gore, great controls and storyline. Not to mention that the pricetag made my wallet happy, only 30 dollars for what can easily been charged 50 for.

The wii channels are decent. I only use internet browser, news and weather on a daily basis. Ever once in a while i go to the mii channel to receive miis that ppl send me. Same goes for everybody votes, i just go on to vote, predict and check results. I cant use the photo channel cause i dont have a compatible SD card. the wii is easily the best system ive owned.

The main one I use is Everybody Votes Channel. It is so much fun. I like to vote in polls. I wish we could do more though.

The News and weather channel are mostly uselesss because you can just get on the computer.

Photo channel is useless. YOu c an't do anything aft er you store the photos.

the internet browser is useful, and could be handy, but even with the upgrade, it is better just to use your computer.

the Mii channel is for other cases, but none of the other miis visit my channel

:confused:

guitarmaster18

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2007
Yeah, I had a wii since launch day, but right now i'm kinda bored with it. I'm waiting for a bigger game selection to come out (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Corruption, etc...)

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I've had mine since the first week in June. I walked into a Walmart, saw a Wii in the case, and bought it. Pure random luck.

I think the Wii is an amazing game system with a ton of potential.

I own Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Resident Evil 4. In the past week, I've spent at least 40 hours on RE4. One of the best games. Ever. The controls are amazing, and it has all the aspect of survivial horror in it.

Wii Sports is a very good game. It strengthened my arm enough for me to be able to hold the Wiimote at the screen constantly in RE4.

Also, I've rented Warioware, Excite Truck, and Super Paper Mario. Warioware was good, until my friend and I beat it in under 2 hours. Excite Truck is very great, and I will end up buying it. SPM was entertaining, just not enough to engross me into the game.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I've had a Wii since about February. I used to play it almost every day. Now, I still like it just as much, but I don't really play it. This isn't really so much the Wii, it's more my preference. I'd rather spend my free time surfing the web, or now that it's summer and school is out, going to the beach, swimming, running around, etc. It's still extremely useful when friends come over; if just for YouTube. Also, in my scenario, the Wii is in the basement. I think I'd play it more if it was upstairs in our family room, and just "there". My dad won't let it go in there though, as he thinks I'll smash the new TV or something. :p

InWake

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2007
Just bought a wii yesterday and I gotta say it's really fun! Wiisports is addictive and I can't wait to rent some games. Just waiting for SSBB though.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
Camped out and got mine on launch day. I have to say i'm thankful too. Since launch, i've seen it on three different occasions. Once at Meijer, Twice at Best Buy. I have to say, I didn't expect the rarity level still as high as it is in July. I was sure that around April these would be on shelves for sure. But 8+ million units sold world wide says something in 7 months.

In any case. Zelda: TP is amazing. I still haven't finished it due to lack of time, that and my Wii is at my finance's place right now. I'm stuck with my 360. Though i really want to finish Zelda, i'm almost done. Wario Ware is tons of fun.

I have Zelda:TP Warioware, Wii Play, Wii Sports, and i think that's it. I did alot of renting via Gameznflix for games, mainly because i'm a bit poor right now. But great fun, good for a party and lots of people. A must at college.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
C
In any case. Zelda: TP is amazing. I still haven't finished it due to lack of time, that and my Wii is at my finance's place right now. I'm stuck with my 360. Though i really want to finish Zelda, i'm almost done. Wario Ware is tons of fun.

I beat TP this last Thursday :D Finally!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I beat TP this last Thursday :D Finally!

TP will be the first Zelda I look forward to playing through again. Haven't beat Zelda 1-3, I'm feeling no pressure to go back and play them. I just have great memories of playing through TP. On a design level (in maps, music, enemies...) it rules supreme.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
:eek:

Are you serious? I thought you got yours on launch day! How could you have not of finished it within a month!:D
I know. Sad :( I've just been ridiculously busy with uni, started a new job, and I've been getting all the high-profile games (Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Rayman, Wii Play, etc, etc) for Wii and DS...and I bought 11 Virtual Console games :D

Really, I've been stuck at 35 hours for three months now. I finally cracked down and finished the last 5 hours.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
TP will be the first Zelda I look forward to playing through again. Haven't beat Zelda 1-3, I'm feeling no pressure to go back and play them. I just have great memories of playing through TP. On a design level (in maps, music, enemies...) it rules supreme.

It was too long though :( I beat Wind Waker in 20 hours, and later went back and went through it again. TP is just soooo long I'm afraid to start a new game.

It was a work of art though.

I remember going back and beating Link's Awakening over and over and over though. :D

OttawaGuy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2006
http://wiiweightlossplan.com/

Another week has progressed and it's been 17 weeks now since I started the Wii Weight Loss Plan. I am now officially 2 pounds away from 40 pounds lost and 2 pounds away from teaching the halfway point in my goal.

Since we're approaching the end of the month I decided to go ahead and measure myself - I've included the measurements of when I started out on the plan:

Feb. 22, 2007 - 270 pounds. Waist - 48.5". Neck - 18.75".
March 20, 2007 - 260 pounds. Waist - 48". Neck - 18.25"
May 1, 2007 - 250 pounds. Waist - 46". Neck - 17"
May 28, 2007: 240 Pounds. 43.5" waist. 16.5" neck.
June 25,2007: 232 Pounds. 42" waist. 16" neck.
Since starting the plan on February 22, 2007 I have lost 38 pounds, 6.5 inches off my waist and 2.25 inches off my neck.

Not too shabby for playing the Wii every day and changing my eating habits.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
Yea I have one. I can't wait for Smash Bros Brawl, Battalion Wars 2, and Geometry Wars. But I need to save money for my first Mac as well...so this is going to be a tough decision. Yay Christmas!

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I will never play TP again...ever. Too many bits of frustration that came solely from stupidness.

If that little TP girl can sometimes help you jump things she should be a permanent option. Not looking for places where she will actually work.

Ruppees should matter. There should be actual stuff to buy besides the tried and true Zelda fare. More variety in shields, etc would be nice.

Leveling up should matter some. There was no reason to kill enemies so I ended up running past so dang many of them as there was no bonus for killing them.

I have way, way more complaints about control and camera foolishness. Plus Jimmi has no way of saying bad things about Oblivion back in the day with enemies popping up out of nowhere...this happened to me a bunch in this game. I loved the game and am glad I played it. I would never buy it at full price though and would rate it strong but not a best of all time. I think it lays the framework for a potentialy great Wii Zelda in the future though. They have to step up the RPG elements a bit though. It's too expansive to just be an action game.

Paul

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Does anyone happen to have them in your home? If you don't, it is probably handy for you. Especially Wii Sports. It is good for exercise and building strength (although it could have more options for it. What do you guys think of it?

you sound like a bot :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.