Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I just activated my iPhone today, and I got someone else's phone number (it shows up as a woman named Kathleen Orich?). Is their anyway to fix it? I really don't want to go over my own stuff again, nor do I want to get someone else's calls. And AT&T's customer service sucks, since I cannot get to a real, talking person. Can anyone help?

Twiztedklown316

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2004
Spokane, Wa
if somehow AT&T issued you an incorrect phone number (one belonging to another customer no less) I would suggest that you will need to speak to customer service, this is a pretty significant goof up, one that will screw two customers over, and not just you.

strangelogic

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
CA
should clear up

If you just got it - give it 24 hours or so to clear. My caller-id showed up as 'wireless caller' until the next day... They are probably using up numbers pretty quickly.

Unless of course you are getting calls for that person. That was the one thing about my old phone number I've had for 2 years - the woman that used to have it still gets calls from collection agencies.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I just got off the phone with someone.
It turns out it was someone else's phone number, who got off of AT&T. So they just need to recycle it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.