Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAlba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I cant setup Calendar event alert to be 1 hour, 30 minutes before! Is there anyway to do this? Events that I created in iCal sync up to phone with 1 hour, 30 minutes before alert but events created on phone cannot do this.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
yeah there is i did it but
lets see
go to alert and select the options there

DAlba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
The only choices i see are:

5 min before
15 min
30 min
1 hour
2 hour
1 day
2 days
On date of event

How can I choose 45 minutes before or 1 hour, 30 minute before?

hopeklin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
Not just alerts, repeats too

I can't find a way to set repeats when I want them. This is the most inconvenient thing I've found about the Iphone. PLEASE let me know if there's a way!

I want an event to repeat every 28 days (4 weeks) and the closest option is monthly. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM! Seems like the designers were all men.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Highlight the event so that it's in the information panel >> click on the up/down arrows next to 'alarm' >> click on 'message with sound' in top half of drop down menu >> click on 'minutes before' to select the time scale >> click on the number in front to set it.

Eg. for an hour and a half, select minutes and then 90.

EDIT: sorry, just noticed that it's in the iphone forum, not a problem setting the calendar.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I can't find a way to set repeats when I want them. This is the most inconvenient thing I've found about the Iphone. PLEASE let me know if there's a way!

I want an event to repeat every 28 days (4 weeks) and the closest option is monthly. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM! Seems like the designers were all men.

Yeah, I had a problem with something like this, too. My friends and I go play trivia on the last Thursday of every month...but I couldn't select that on the iPhone. I had to wait until I had it in iCal and then do it there. Not a *huge* deal, but could be remedied.

FALL3N1

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2013
Yeah, this seems like a pretty common and easy prob to fix... I guess technically we could make another dummy reminder event 30 mins before the 45 min mark and set it to remind us a half hour before.. But that gets confusing to read. I know this is an old thread, but maybe Apple will fix this soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.