Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Ok I have posted in several other threads but have gotten barely any responses, so I have started a dedicated thread specifically to my issue.

Here is the problem.

My iPhone is working amazingly on my Home router (D-Link), my school router, and my work router, but my girlfriends Belkin router is giving us a horrible time.

At first the router had WEP password on it. So I put the password on my iPhone. I turned on wifi and the went to Safari, but nothing happened. Safari just kept spinning and the blue bar never grew. I restarted the router and I restarted the iPhone. From then on I received the message "Safari Can't Open the Page because it could not connect to the server."

I changed the WEP password in the iPhone settings to a WEP HEX ASCII, but still had no luck.

I read somewhere to change the DNS or to confirm that it was the same as in the router. My iPhone had the same DNS as the Belkin. My Mac, on the other hand, has a DNS of 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 because my Mac was running at extremely slow speeds until I did this.
I put 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2 in my iPhone to just test it, but still had no luck.

So I decided to change the WEP security to WPA. I figured this might help the iPhone work better since my D-Link has WPA on it; plus I hear it's more secure. Sadly I had no luck. It still says "Safari Can't Open the Page because it could not connect to the server"

MAC filtering is off.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

endlsdremr

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Ohio
Fix for home networking...

I found this webpage that may be able to help you...

andrew escobar

I seem to have the opposite problem. I can't access Safari while out and about in the real world, occasionally. I am getting a "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server."

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my iPhone to work?

Any help would be appreciated!
txs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.