Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rSm00th

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Tried it out last night... my iPhone paired up perfectly with my 07 530i with the installed BMW Assist + Bluetooth. Not only does call functionality work, but the address book synced up just fine, unlike my blackberry 7250.

jgerry

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Cool news. Has anyone tried to pair with an older BMW? I have an '05 with built-in speakerphone, etc. Works great with my RAZR but other phones have been problematic. My Samsung candybar phone (can't remember the model) wouldn't upload the address book, but the speakerphone would work fine IF I manually told it to connect.

I'm just curious what level of connectivity / functionality to expect if I get an iPhone.

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
And it's also confirmed that it works with the Mercedes COMAND system as well, including uploading of the address book.

And it works with the Mercedes iPod integration kit for music.

roverlandpark

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Pairing with new Mini?

Has there been any work if the iPhone will pair with the Mini's bluetooth prep? It's an option on the '07 models, and I'd like to make sure it works before ordering. Thanks!

Considering BMW makes this car, I feel it's an appropriate post in this forum. Many Thanks!

phatspider

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2005
Mine's paired up fine with a brand new UK 1 series which was delivered this morning. But how do I tranfer the contacts?

Moze

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
NY
Mine's paired up fine with a brand new UK 1 series which was delivered this morning. But how do I tranfer the contacts?

How are you liking the 1 series? I think its sort of ugly but boy does it have some power.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
Also '07 530i here.
BT does pair perfectly with BMW, just as my Pearl, and Razr before that.
But I am not happy with the sound quality - very muffled and drops quite often.

Nothing in the car has changed so I can only attribute it to the phone.
Maybe mine has sub-par bluetooth - otherwise thrilled with iPhone.

signature.jpg

phatspider

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2005
How are you liking the 1 series? I think its sort of ugly but boy does it have some power.

Have gone for new 3 door version which in my opinion looks a lot nicer

However i'm going from a Porsche Box S to a 120d 1er so its never gonna be a great step - but my bank manager will be happy ;)

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
Slick car... I'm rocking the Silver Grey and I really want to get my windows tinted like yours!

Actually that pic was during European Delivery and no tint.
Currently have 20% everywhere but windshield.

Thx for the kind words :)

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Works with my 2006 330i as well. Sound quality is ok but I think it is the network not the phone. The sound is very loud through the car speakers as well.

Love the phone and love the car :)

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
In my BMW 545i I have to turn off the wifi on the iphone or I get a lot of drop-outs of missing sound during calls. Try that and I bet your problem is solved.

eye.surgeon-

Excellent suggestion!

I found I would leave Wi-Fi on, but turn "Ask to Join Networks" OFF.
The continuous network polling seems to have been the problem - works great now :)

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Cool news. Has anyone tried to pair with an older BMW? I have an '05 with built-in speakerphone, etc. Works great with my RAZR but other phones have been problematic. My Samsung candybar phone (can't remember the model) wouldn't upload the address book, but the speakerphone would work fine IF I manually told it to connect.

I'm just curious what level of connectivity / functionality to expect if I get an iPhone.

I too have an '05 Bimmer with built-in speakerphone. The iPhone pairs with the car and uploads the phonebook with no problems (upload very fast). However, when a call comes in, the iPhone asks if I want to take the call on the phone, the speakerphone or the car. This negates the hands-free aspect of the connection and is very annoying.

Anyone have the same trouble? Anyone figure out how to send calls to the car automatically when paired?

Thanks

sstarch1

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
It pairs with my E92 335i very well also. I really like how it shows the numbers after the names in the adress book.

Here is a pic of the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0038 copy.jpg
    IMG_0038 copy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 146

Lamanuzzi

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2007
545i and interrupted calls

eye.surgeon-

Excellent suggestion!

I found I would leave Wi-Fi on, but turn "Ask to Join Networks" OFF.
The continuous network polling seems to have been the problem - works great now :)

I have an 05 545i and am getting the interrupted call problem. I don't recall the "ask to join networks" message. Was this when you initially added the iphone as a new device?

Martyncool

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2007
Problems with 1 series and iphone..help!

iPhone pairs with my UK 1 Series. Phone book comes up but problems are..

No audio through car...it seems that i have to get the phone out and touch the output source on the screen
Phone book does not display the + in front of the country code leading to incorrectly dialled numbers

Any thoughts?

Is it likely that I need an update to my BMW's software? Will that be available in the UK yet?

Cheers!

Martyn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.