Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
hi there, im new to these forums but was owndering if u could help me with a problem i had installing an airport extreme on my powermac g5 1.8 dp. i think the installation went fine because it recognises that its installed and even picks up the name of the network im trying to connect to but when i input the wep key it comes up with 'error connecting to...' everytime. was wondering if anyone knows how to rectify this or what kind of problem it could be. i know its in range because my ibook has almost full signal. would much appreciate any advice
thanks,
Simon

simonong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Assuming you're using WEP on the wireless network, try putting a dollar sign ($) before your password. :)

thanks for the tip, i tried it but it still didnt work. to be honest, its connected a couple of times (accepted a couple of different passwords) and then a single bar on the wireless symbol shows and a open safari and type in sites but they wont load saying it cant find the server such-and-such...

any more ideas would be welcome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.