Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btcomm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Ok, I don't really care to even continue using this computer, the video went out on it, how do I phyically open this computer up? Is there a way without breaking it?

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Underneath the front bezel, push up on the two small tabs at either end and pull the case with a quick jerk towards you. After you remove the top cover, with the front of the computer facing you, pull up on the plastic cover on the left side of the chassis. This plastic cover is on a hinge and will open towards the left. You will then see two plastic lock mechanisms on the side of the metal platform with the power supply and floppy drive -- they sort of look like a switch. Slide these locking mechanisms towards the center of the chassis and pull up on the platform. It is also on hinges and will open towards the right. At this point, you'll see the logic board and hard drive on the bottom of the case.

It uses an ATA/33 hard drive.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 122

btcomm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Awesome. Thank you. Ok now for my next question, I put the HD into a usb adapter and the HD shows up phyically but a drive letter is not showing up. I know by default you cannot read the partition with windows but should it at least create a new drive letter? Would macdrive work? Would it work on whatever format os 8.6 used?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.