Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
I love Toast Titanium on the Mac.

What is the equivalent for Windows? I've used Alcohol 120 before, but meh. There must be something better.

(Wasn't sure what section to post this under, figured this is a good of place as any.)

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
Burning what? Do you need built in video conversion like Toast has (converting a mov/avi to a DVD video disc)? If it's just for burning iso/image files or data I'd say ImgBurn.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
Burning what? Do you need built in video conversion like Toast has (converting a mov/avi to a DVD video disc)? If it's just for burning iso/image files or data I'd say ImgBurn.

No no, just like music CD's, maybe data DVD's. Nothing advanced or complex. Think of Burn for OS X. I just hate those burning apps that have a bunch of software that starts up with Windows and stays open in the background/taskbar/etc.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Windows has a built in burner for data cds, just use that (you just put in a blank dvd and drag the files to the drive). Use iTunes for music cd's. You dont need any extra programs if you arent burning ISO's, Windows burns data cds just as good as any program will.

sash

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

Nero and Roxio are the only professional choice, I'm afraid. Get the premium version of either one, that should do...

sash

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
Windows has a built in burner for data cds, just use that (you just put in a blank dvd and drag the files to the drive). Use iTunes for music cd's. You dont need any extra programs if you arent burning ISO's, Windows burns data cds just as good as any program will.

Oh my God *slaps forehead* why didn't I think of that. That's a big "duh" on my part. Thank you. :)

Hi,

Nero and Roxio are the only professional choice, I'm afraid. Get the premium version of either one, that should do...

sash

Nero or MyDVD10 work great.

TEG

Um, did you guys even read my post?

sash

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2004
Um, did you guys even read my post?

Honestly? I was planning to do that tomorrow night.

Roxio is the maker of Toast for Mac. So I've reckoned, that -- looking for a similar app, but for Windows -- it's nothing but logical to begin your quest from the products made by the same company...

The prize of the both products is comparable, as the huge range of features. If you're bothered by the services starting up with the system, just get them out of the start up items list.

Thanks -- and sorry for not reading your post!

sash

EDITED: Oh, I haven't noticed your later remark about the 'free'... Mia culpa. Toast is not a freeware, that's why I opted for these -- ones again -- comparable apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.