Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
Am I missing something about this feature. About 3 weeks ago I brought 4 tracks from the UK Store, 2 from the Editors new Album and 2 from the new Kings of Leon new offering. I have decided I now want to complete these Albums but when I got to the Albums there is no 'Complete this Album" buttton.

So I go off to the "Complete my Album" section and neither are listed, I have confirmed I am logged in and logged in as the user that purchased those tracks.

Do these Albums not qualify?

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
How long ago did you purchase those songs? You have up to 180 days after purchasing the individual songs to complete your album.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
yeah same here. i just bought a song the other day and decided i would like the whole album, i jumped onto "complete my album" and it wasnt there.....

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Ah sorry, in my haste I completely neglected to notice the "3 weeks". After perusing the iTunes store Complete My Album FAQ's:

I don't see an album on my Complete My Album page.

If you don't see an album on the Complete My Album page:

The album itself may no longer be available for sale on iTunes.
or
You acquired the content with song code promotions which do not qualify for Complete My Album credits.
or
Apple may not have the rights to offer Complete My Album for that album.
or
You first downloaded a song off of the album more than 180 days ago.

I'm guessing the third answer would be the likely guess as to why you cannot complete your album. A little silly in my opinion but I guess there's legal and licensing ramifications preventing them from doing so?

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
Ah sorry, in my haste I completely neglected to notice the "3 weeks". After perusing the iTunes store Complete My Album FAQ's:

I don't see an album on my Complete My Album page.

If you don't see an album on the Complete My Album page:

The album itself may no longer be available for sale on iTunes.
or
You acquired the content with song code promotions which do not qualify for Complete My Album credits.
or
Apple may not have the rights to offer Complete My Album for that album.
or
You first downloaded a song off of the album more than 180 days ago.

I'm guessing the third answer would be the likely guess as to why you cannot complete your album. A little silly in my opinion but I guess there's legal and licensing ramifications preventing them from doing so?

Yeah three is the only one that fits, it would be nice if they could flag this fact before you make any purchases, as I might have brought the whole thing in the fist place!!!!!!!!! I've emailed iTunes store support so we'll see what they have to say!

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
I've emailed iTunes store support so we'll see what they have to say!

I've heard back and those Albums didn't qualify for CMA, but as a guesture they creedited me with 4 credits for the songs I purchased. So I brought the whole albums plus 4 extra tracks! Very happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.