Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
I am trying to find a free "enclosed letter" font for use in a wedding bulletin (to indicate where the pastor, congregation, bride and groom speak using 'P', 'C', 'B' and 'G'). By "enclosed letter" I mean where the character is inversed against a rounded-rectangle; Mac OS X includes a font similar to this for numbers. I am looking for letters.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I checked the guides for free fonts and was not able to find something like this.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Do you have a sample of this at all? I'm confused. :confused:

Thanks Jessica. I have attached a sample (see the "P" and "C" on the left).

Attachments

• EnclosedLetters.jpg
    EnclosedLetters.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,348

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
By the way I did it and it worked out quite well. Try it because it won't let me post the results url here.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Thanks everyone.

If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.

Is that dependent on the fonts I have installed? I tried searching the Character palette but only found enclosed numbers and enclosed asian characters. I will check again this evening, but the only fonts I have are those that (1) came with Tiger or installed with (2) MS Office 2004 or (3) iWork '08.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 283

micvog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.

Thanks Ish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.