Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iResQ announced today that they are offering repair services for the iPhone.

iPhone repairs will be performed within 24 hours of receipt at the iResQ repair facility in Kansas City and customers are provided with the appropriate shipping materials and pre-paid labels to safely transport the units around the country.

According to the press release, they've already performed repairs on dozens of broken screens. They appear to be offering general repair, battery replacement, screen replacement, and camera removal.

Article Link

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
pricing seems comparable to Apple, as far as I can tell... so not sure if there's a huge advantage to some of the services.

arn

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
pricing seems comparable to Apple, as far as I can tell... so not sure if there's a huge advantage to some of the services.

arn

The only uniue service I see is the camera removal.

I would bet that Other World Computing comesout with a bargain battery replacement service soon.

TwoSyllables

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007

arn

I called Applecare after I dropped my phone in a puddle the other day to ask how much it would cost to repair if it stopped working. They said it depends, but if it was rendered completely useless by damage, it would cost $200 to replace. This service charges $250 for a screen replacement. I don't see how they're going to get any business except from people who voided their Apple warranty.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
I called Applecare after I dropped my phone in a puddle the other day to ask how much it would cost to repair if it stopped working. They said it depends, but if it was rendered completely useless by damage, it would cost $200 to replace. This service charges $250 for a screen replacement. I don't see how they're going to get any business except from people who voided their Apple warranty.

Wow, they will replace it for $200 from water damage? That's a lot better than I assumed. I was a little disappointed as my RAZR had insurance that covered everything, including water damage, for a $50 deductible, while I assumed water damage would usually mean out of pocket full price for the phone (as Apple informed me water and accidental damage would not be covered under the Apple Care Protection Plan). $200 is better than $499 or the $599 I paid...

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Nothing to repair for iPhone is going to be cheap. I think Apple should provide free repair for those who have had iPhones since they were released since we are pretty much testing their product for them.

Canuck4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
yes, wouldnt that be great.
Free repairs, Im sure thats not costing them any money :D

Nothing to repair for iPhone is going to be cheap. I think Apple should provide free repair for those who have had iPhones since they were released since we are pretty much testing their product for them.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006

Why do people say that all the time? It's been out for two months now, there have been 0 problems with it, 77 percent say they are satisfied, celebrities are using them, they've sold hundreds of thousands (at least), it has an amazing UI, and I love mine. Maybe Apple got it right the first time? *Gasp*

daveschroeder

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2003
Madison, WI

Apple will still do repairs for a fee, even if the warranty has been "voided". That's the whole point of for-fee repairs. If it's out of warranty because it has expired or because it has been "voided", Apple will still do the repair. They won't just reject it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.