Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, according to the Extreme Overclocking stats page we just pumped out almost 3k of points in the last 3 hours - the most ever - putting us back into the yellow!

However, it looks to be one of those fluctuations - probably I wasn't the only one to go missing a WU or two over the past couple days and somehow they all caught up ;)

D

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Re: Stat Irregularities

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Well, according to the Extreme Overclocking stats page we just pumped out almost 3k of points in the last 3 hours - the most ever - putting us back into the yellow!

However, it looks to be one of those fluctuations - probably I wasn't the only one to go missing a WU or two over the past couple days and somehow they all caught up ;)

D

hopfully I'll get a jump too... kinda paused for moment on my side.

-bert

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Yeah, it does look like some sort of hiccup -- everybody else got the little boost too, including our favorites General [M]ayhem and the Knights. But hey, the boost is still nice to see. It should keep us over 60K/week for a while longer and we should finish at over 10K by the end of the day.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Vlade
I bet it was a server going back online, I can't wait until we are a constant yellow team :).

Yes that will be nice - producing 10k or above regularly will be very nice indeed.

And did anyone notice that bert is a potential threat to mc68k? True, it will be a while, but he's the first member we've had who managed to produce at that level other than mc68k. Way to go bert!!:D

D

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Yes that will be nice - producing 10k or above regularly will be very nice indeed.

And did anyone notice that bert is a potential threat to mc68k? True, it will be a while, but he's the first member we've had who managed to produce at that level other than mc68k. Way to go bert!!:D

D

Cool!

Bert, Mac68K, and Rower_68K , I was wondering what set of computers you use to fold with?

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA

D

something happened though, and Im not sure what... haven't been in the lab for a week or so.

I have 17 P4 2.4s 20 P3 450's and two personal comps a 2500+ and a 1gig Athlon.

-bert

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Yeah, I saw that. One of my Macs is a dual 1.33 Xserve. :D

sweet!

rack servers have a special place in my heart :).

I have a 42 node cluster (2400+'s) that does cfd code 24/7. I eye that thing everytime I walk by :p. (it's not on the net at all for security reasons, so it could never be used for folding -- for those who wonder about it like me ;).

- bert

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by bertinman
sweet!

rack servers have a special place in my heart :).

I have a 42 node cluster (2400+'s) that does cfd code 24/7. I eye that thing everytime I walk by :p. (it's not on the net at all for security reasons, so it could never be used for folding -- for those who wonder about it like me ;).

- bert

That would be an amazing folder. :eek:

The Xserve is great. It's my first experience w/ a rack mount and has gone great. It's kinda lonely in that 24U rack...for now. ;)

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
That would be an amazing folder. :eek:

The Xserve is great. It's my first experience w/ a rack mount and has gone great. It's kinda lonely in that 24U rack...for now. ;)

is it a test subject? :)

I think it needs some friends :p.

- bert

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by bertinman
is it a test subject? :)

I think it needs some friends :p.

- bert

It's lonely due to budget issues (of which I'm sure you're aware), but we got the rack and a nice UPS (3000W 3U APC) for when money comes through again and we can get a few more in there.

F@H is just temporary until we migrate a couple of websites over...

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
It's lonely due to budget issues (of which I'm sure you're aware), but we got the rack and a nice UPS (3000W 3U APC) for when money comes through again and we can get a few more in there.

F@H is just temporary until we migrate a couple of websites over...

TOTALY understood...

Im in a new department this summer because of the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.