Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Just thinking about the news from today and how I see it:

iPod nano: Look OK, should sell well.

iPod classic: ditto

iPod touch: This is the interesting one. Being from the UK I have not seen the iPhone interface but by all accounts it is very good. That is the obvious selling point of the new iPod touch. I was tempted to get the iPod when it comes out in the UK, but I still think it has a number of limitations that mean, in my eyes anyway, it is not 100% practical. So I may just look at getting a new standard phone and an iPod touch for the superior video play-back.

I wonder if the iPod touch will hinder the iPhone sales?

walangij

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
MI
Just thinking about the news from today and how I see it:

iPod nano: Look OK, should sell well.

iPod classic: ditto

iPod touch: This is the interesting one. Being from the UK I have not seen the iPhone interface but by all accounts it is very good. That is the obvious selling point of the new iPod touch. I was tempted to get the iPod when it comes out in the UK, but I still think it has a number of limitations that mean, in my eyes anyway, it is not 100% practical. So I may just look at getting a new standard phone and an iPod touch for the superior video play-back.

I wonder if the iPod touch will hinder the iPhone sales?

Hahah, and to think a friend and I were discussing this earlier and he "wondered if the iPhone will hinder sales with the iPod touch". I see them both vying very will in the same market, both are darn tempting even though they are very similar. I bet we'll see more iPod touch first and then it will tempt those users to buy the iPhone. After the Christmas season for the next 4 months or so I'll predict that the iPhone will sell continually more unless there's a rumor of another update or price cut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.