Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Ready to ship: By September 28th

What does that mean? Will I get it by Sept 28 if I order mine now or somewhere before the 28th? Sorry but I'm really excited about the iPod touch. it has been a while since...

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I've been waiting for this update for months now. This IS the iPod that I want to get.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Probably should check your country's Apple Store online. That should give some sort of indication. Btw, if I preorder, do I have to pay right away or do they only charge when the item has been shipped?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Australia is also estimating September 28th.

They shouldn't charge your card until they're ready to ship.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Awesome, so I should be able to order and not get charged rite? Well at least until mid-Sept. I don't want to order it late and get mine only around mid October.

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
28th means that it will be shipped on the 28th. But depending on the shipping service you choose then the date varies.

I got an estimate of Oct. 9-11th.

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
so basically were thinking that if we order now it will ship by the 28th?

what about to retail stores? like best buy? will they get if after the 28th too?

SO EXCITED! :eek::eek::eek: i cant wait till the 28th??!!

wumbo6

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
who else is as bummed as me with the touch not coming out until the end of the month? i kinda also just sold my ipod yesterday. AND i'm taking a 5 hour plane ride this weekend. ohh geeze. Me =Impatient beezy. Gosh dam me

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
who else is as bummed as me with the touch not coming out until the end of the month? i kinda also just sold my ipod yesterday. AND i'm taking a 5 hour plane ride this weekend. ohh geeze. Me =Impatient beezy. Gosh dam me

I feel you 100%.. It sucks to wait for so long. I'm hoping they'll ship sooner than that..

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Mine ships the 28th, it should be here on the 2nd of October (so they claim)

iketeru

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
I'm guessing the engraving is what pushes it to Oct. 9-11 instead of Oct. 2-4? I put no engraving on it so I could have it in my hands quicker :D

kingkombucha

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
I'm in the UK. I ordered my 8gig ipod touch earlier. On my order confirmation email, it says that they estimate my order to be shipped on or before 11 Sep, 2007.

It goes on to say:

We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 12 Sep, 2007 - 13 Sep, 2007.

NOTE: Please note that these dates are estimated lead-times only. Your order will not ship until all items are available. Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information.

Now I don't know if the UK is getting theirs sooner or if this is a mistake but it certainly surprised me!

Could I be surfing the net on my ipod touch here in the UK this time next week?

-KK

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
I'm in the UK. I ordered my 8gig ipod touch earlier. On my order confirmation email, it says that they estimate my order to be shipped on or before 11 Sep, 2007.

It goes on to say:

Now I don't know if the UK is getting theirs sooner or if this is a mistake but it certainly surprised me!

-KK

take some pictures of it when you get it.

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A

It goes on to say:

We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 12 Sep, 2007 - 13 Sep, 2007.

NOTE: Please note that these dates are estimated lead-times only. Your order will not ship until all items are available. Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information.

-KK

Yes, we need pics for that...

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005

It goes on to say:

-KK

hmm. Was going to wait for it to arrive in the Apple UK retail store but I might order online if this is true.

kingkombucha

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Yep, If I do get it next week I will post some pics - fingers crossed!

Coming to terms with the delivery estimate now - can't really see why it would be wrong.

I did order it at about 3AM so it could have been one of the first few orders through - hence the early delivery time. - Maybe!

-KK

klb028

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Can anyone living in the U.S. tell me how much the 16GB iPod touch comes out to be including tax and 2-3 day shipping? What about regular shipping? Thanks!

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
Yep, If I do get it next week I will post some pics - fingers crossed!

Coming to terms with the delivery estimate now - can't really see why it would be wrong.

I did order it at about 3AM so it could have been one of the first few orders through - hence the early delivery time. - Maybe!

-KK

I ordered my 8gb touch here in the US as soon as the store opened so I wouldn't think that your order was any sooner then mine was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.