Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghking

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Hello
My grandma is moving and she had this scanner that she didn't want anymore. It is a HP ScanJet 4300c. All I have for it is the power and USB cable. What do I have to do on my mac to be able to use it?

wallaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
Go to HP's website and download their HP Device Manager. Or, if you'd rather, buy a copy of VueScan.

Also, plug it in. :p

AGHIST

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2010
how to set up my scanner?!!..

hi ive had no problems connecting my all in one printer to a pc, but now ive got a macbook pro and ive downloaded the driver and scan application but still i am not able to scan anything. everytime i click scan it opens up a troubleshooter. i can easily print but just cant use the scan function!

my all in one printer is the epson stylus office BX310FN with built in scanner.

is there anyone who has the same printer or knows how to connect this particular printer/scanner to mac os x.
PLEASE HELP!..

thanks

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Plug it in an open ImageCapture in your apps folder. It should recognise it unless its ancient.

AGHIST

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2010
yup dat works!!.. :D
THANKS!!..

i couldnt scan using the epson scanning sftware so i thought there was no chance in anything else. i cant import straight into photoshop.. is it possible to scan in photoshop?

lsumter

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
New to Mac products

I am trying to install my HP printer/scanner and it will print but not scan. I tried plugging in with USB but still says no device detected. It is a HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m. Any suggestions out there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.