Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Has anybody actually seen a 160GB Classic in an Apple Store?

I've been to the 5th Avenue store in NYC every day since the keynote, and nobody seems to know when they'll have the damned things in stock. Tonight, one of the floor reps told me the best way to get the 160 was to order it from the Apple Store online.

Honestly, if nobody in a flagship store knows what's going on with the shipping/stock situation, Apple has a huge problem with its retail operation.

rodiak

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Portland, OR
Has anybody actually seen a 160GB Classic in an Apple Store?

I've been to the 5th Avenue store in NYC every day since the keynote, and nobody seems to know when they'll have the damned things in stock. Tonight, one of the floor reps told me the best way to get the 160 was to order it from the Apple Store online.

Honestly, if nobody in a flagship store knows what's going on with the shipping/stock situation, Apple has a huge problem with its retail operation.

Actually some people in NYC did get there's from an Apple store and it's even available in Bloomington, Minnesota. So it's safe to say that they'll be available in most stores by early this week.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Actually some people in NYC did get there's from an Apple store and it's even available in Bloomington, Minnesota. So it's safe to say that they'll be available in most stores by early this week.

Strange. I've been in both the Soho and the 5th Ave. stores in NYC and been told that they haven't had the 160GBs in stock yet. Either your NYCers are talking about the 80GB, or the floor reps at one or both stores are liars.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
WTF? :eek:

The world is a truly screwed up place when something is available for purchase at the Mall of Americas before it can be found on Fifth Avenue in NYC.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
They have 'em in stock at the Soho store. Silver and Black, 80 and 160 GB.

My 160GB is syncing right now. Hells, yeah. Only 25,470 songs to go! :D

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Not sure...I didn't want to bother going to the store, figuring they wouldn't have them yet, so I ordered online. I'll have it tomorrow -- can't wait!

saga

macrumors regular
May 19, 2006
They have 'em in stock at the Soho store. Silver and Black, 80 and 160 GB.

My 160GB is syncing right now. Hells, yeah. Only 25,470 songs to go! :D

How thick is it compared to the old 5.5g 80gig. I've heard people say that the 80gig classic feels a bit slimmer than the 5.5g 30, which is what I have now. Pics would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.