Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chemistslime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Hi all,
I seem to have forgotten my iphone passcode that I set in the menu. And because I cannot connect to the computer without it, I can't even do a restore. Is there any way around this?

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Hi all,
I seem to have forgotten my iphone passcode that I set in the menu. And because I cannot connect to the computer without it, I can even do a restore. Is there any way around this?

I don't think anything could be done till you connect it to itunes.
Good luck with that.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Sounds more like you found/stole an iPhone and now you are looking for a way to bypass the 4 digit code.

chemistslime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Sounds more like you found/stole an iPhone and now you are looking for a way to bypass the 4 digit code.

Found an Iphone? I wish, if you look at my past posts, you'll know that I have an Iphone. Thanks for thread crapping though.

chemistslime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
So then why don't you simply connect it to your computer and do a restore?

Because it wont' LET ME WITHOUT the passcode which is why I'm asking for help. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? Dude, get out of my thread.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I agree that you do make it sound like you stole or found this iphone, however, try putting it into disk mode or whatever its called. That should, maybe work.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Because it wont' LET ME WITHOUT the passcode which is why I'm asking for help. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? Dude, get out of my thread.

See here is where you don't make sense... The iPhone will allow you to do a restore with the computer that you last synced it with. It doesn't matter if it is pass locked or not. I just tried it on my own a iPhone and it worked.

chemistslime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
See here is where you don't make sense... The iPhone will allow you to do a restore with the computer that you last synced it with. It doesn't matter if it is pass locked or not. I just tried it on my own a iPhone and it worked.

Well, I apologize if I sounded a bit tense. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't even show up. Usually there's this noise, like "beep" which means my computer detected a USB device; in this case, I connect it, and nothing shows up and the Iphone icon in iTunes doesn't even pop up so I'm assuming it won't let me connect. Are you using a Mac or PC. Again, I apologize for my initial "eruption" but you had accused me of stealing.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
it's kind of funny considering all the talk about hacks and unlocks that a poor guy forgets his passcode and gets mauled.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
HOLD the Power Button and the Home Button until a 'Yellow Hazard Triangle' Appears...(25 SECONDS)

Then connect to iTunes and it will prompt to Restore

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Well, I apologize if I sounded a bit tense. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't even show up. Usually there's this noise, like "beep" which means my computer detected a USB device; in this case, I connect it, and nothing shows up and the Iphone icon in iTunes doesn't even pop up so I'm assuming it won't let me connect. Are you using a Mac or PC. Again, I apologize for my initial "eruption" but you had accused me of stealing.

In that case plug the iphone in, hold the power button and then slide to power off. Press the power button, as soon as the apple logo appears press and hold both the top power button and the home button together until the orange triangle appears. This should put the iPhone into restore mode, open itunes and restore.

sadamsa

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
iphone basic pass code!

Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
The iPhone does not have a default passcode. So it should not ask you to enter anything if you haven't set a new one.

mongoose8p

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Chicago
Hold done the menu button and the sleep button for 20-30 seconds and it will go into restore mode then connect it to your computer and restore it should work

sadamsa

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
what is when the iphone is unlocked?

And what is if my iPhone didn't activated whit itunes, so if it is an unlocked iphone whit other sim not AT&T, and i forgot my pass code? Can i restore the original version than too? And can i unlock it again?

nicolishez

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
And what is if my iPhone didn't activated whit itunes, so if it is an unlocked iphone whit other sim not AT&T, and i forgot my pass code? Can i restore the original version than too? And can i unlock it again?

did you actually get a reply for this?? what would we have to do in such a case? my best friend managed to lock her phone by forgetting her password (very clever) and she has an unlocked iphone not with AT&T so she hasnt used the itunes feature and never actually connected her iphone on her laptop.. what does she have to do now? any help, pleaaaaase!!

outaru

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
I've been lurking on this forums since i had a mac (3 years) i think it's time to participate...

If you know the basics of hacking your iphone you can follow this method to bypass your iphone passcode link here

macbookhamburg

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam

there is no basic passcode but if you have a code on you sim it needs to be entered after switching it on ...

kathmat

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Miami
Why so suspicious?

I have been reading these posts and simply cannot believe how suspicious and cynical some of you are. So sad. My daughter inadvertently "washed" her iPhone along with her comforter on Saturday. Wash, rinse, spin the whole works. Needless to say we thought the thing had to be a goner. She went out yesterday and four hours later had her new iPhone3G. Since Saturday though I refused to give the old phone up for dead, and did everything I saw on the forums as a last resort, including submerging the thing in a paper bag full of uncooked rice and cilica packets. Leaving it in the car (we live in Miami - hot!) for two days, and today when we turned it on - well waddya know! Bingo!! Crystal clear and looking great. In attempting to synch it in itunes however, it is asking for the passcode. She put in the one she had but it won't recognise it. She did not STEAL her phone, she just washed the darn thing by mistake causing this problem. Why would anyone assume that because itunes does not recognise the passcode that there is not a legitimate reason for this problem. Back to the Apple store tomorrow. Left to you lot we'd:mad: by cuffed and carted away by now! Jeez!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I have been reading these posts and simply cannot believe how suspicious and cynical some of you are. So sad. My daughter inadvertently "washed" her iPhone along with her comforter on Saturday. Wash, rinse, spin the whole works. Needless to say we thought the thing had to be a goner. She went out yesterday and four hours later had her new iPhone3G. Since Saturday though I refused to give the old phone up for dead, and did everything I saw on the forums as a last resort, including submerging the thing in a paper bag full of uncooked rice and cilica packets. Leaving it in the car (we live in Miami - hot!) for two days, and today when we turned it on - well waddya know! Bingo!! Crystal clear and looking great. In attempting to synch it in itunes however, it is asking for the passcode. She put in the one she had but it won't recognise it. She did not STEAL her phone, she just washed the darn thing by mistake causing this problem. Why would anyone assume that because itunes does not recognise the passcode that there is not a legitimate reason for this problem. Back to the Apple store tomorrow. Left to you lot we'd:mad: by cuffed and carted away by now! Jeez!
You are too trusting of people on the interwebs, young padawan.

kathmat

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Miami
Padawan

Well - 'tis true. Pollyanna"ish" I might be, but what we did actually worked. I mean we really thought the thing was dead and would have to be jettisoned into the the next black hole we encountered. There was nothing to lose therefore, and whether it was the rice :) the cilica or the hot car something did the trick. I know someone else who had a similar problem - different body of water, and one week in the hot car and it also came back to life. Pity the same thing did not work with my iPod which also suffered a major MI when encountering water on Saturday. Oh well... sigh. Live and hopefully learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.