Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:42 AM   #1
it5five
macrumors 65816

Is Google coming up with something new?

When I had signed into my university e-mail I saw a link to this thing.

I thought it was just some dumb new service, until I saw they asked if I had a Gmail account. Weird?

What could Google be doing that involves 3D modeling and online gaming, if this is Google related at all.

EDIT: Just realize those are probably too small for people to see. Here are larger pictures:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1028/...cc5e4ad2_o.png
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1366/...6c624b70_o.png

Last edited by it5five; Sep 23, 2007 at 03:49 AM.
it5five is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:33 AM   #2
2nyRiggz
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to 2nyRiggz
It doesn't really look google related but you could never tell with these companies...it just might be. google is expanding so much I wouldn't put it past them.

Bless
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:52 AM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

If it is then it's silly. I think Google needs to focus on what they have and make them great. I believe if they try to be everything they will find themselves in the same class as AOL. It is far better to be great at a few things then so-so at everything.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:44 PM   #4
capella
macrumors newbie

It flies

Not sure why google are piloting MW, not aware of their having those rights. MW is looking to raise working capital, google are one of several interested parties. MW will be a significant leap forward in interactivity, it is a gateway to a host of revenue generating services with a scale of application across multitudinous facets of use everyday use. I work in a small 'think tank' trailing applications for MW, we have generated literally dozens of fee generating applications, some entirely novel to MW others enhanced services for existing applications. The current MW demo platforms are stunning in graphics, speed, interactivity, user modeling, and potential.
capella is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:50 PM   #5
r1ch4rd
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
If it is then it's silly. I think Google needs to focus on what they have and make them great. I believe if they try to be everything they will find themselves in the same class as AOL. It is far better to be great at a few things then so-so at everything.
Google are a big money hungry advertising company at heart. Capella mentioned revenue generating services (in the middle of some top class marketing buzz words), I think that this is what Google will be interested in.
r1ch4rd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:07 AM   #6
maple626
macrumors newbie

google's core product is search, unlike yahoo's "I'm all over the place" ie movies. OMG etc. Most of Google's income is via adsense/adwords where barely anyone uesed Yahoo's YPN

my 2 cents

Ashworth University
maple626 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 05:26 PM   #7
srt42b
macrumors newbie

Google took over Sketchup which is a 3d modeling program, as well as Google Earth. At school we did some research and marketing for Yahoo that was similar but who knows if anything would ever come to be of it.
srt42b is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion