Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traviis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
thanks if not, can the second? i know the first gen gets pass it

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Why would it matter if the 3rd Gen. iPod Nano's can get past a metal detector? You can't really put explosives in those things... :rolleyes:

traviis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
lmfao im not trying to blow up the white house... my school dont allow ipods but having one sure does make the 30mins walk to and from much more... fun.

traviis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
That sucks big time.

shyt unfortunately. so does anyone know? my 1gen nano has been dead for like 3 months now and i dont wanna spend 70 bucks just for a new battery on a pretty f'up ipod. so i'v been savin for a new one :)

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
thanks if not, can the second? i know the first gen gets pass it

ps- sorry for remaking the board but i really need feedback on this, i plan on buying either this weekend but would be completely useless to me if it cant get pass it without beeping.
Why?

What is the big deal? You just take it out like you do change, keys, and such.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
ps- sorry for remaking the board but i really need feedback on this, i plan on buying either this weekend but would be completely useless to me if it cant get pass it without beeping.

According to the MacRumors Forum Rules, you shouldn't create a new thread because your old one isn't getting the replies you want... It's as bad as bumping threads, which is also frowned upon around here.

traviis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
i cannot just 'take it out' because their *not allowed* in the school. if they find it at scanning(which is why im asking if they have metal;ill leave it in my pocket.) they take it away and return it on friday AND your parent have to come pick it up which is a pain in the ass, seeing as they have work. sorry dude i wasnt aware close one thread then i guess

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
lmfao im not trying to blow up the white house... my school dont allow ipods but having one sure does make the 30mins walk to and from much more... fun.

Obviously you need to make friends with a classmate who lives near the school so you can drop the 'Pod off there and walk the rest of the (short) way to school with live company instead of recorded entertainment.. pick the thing up on the way home. Buy your friend pizza once in a while to compensate for the arrangement. Good luck! :)

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
well what u do is,,, frst of all you ll be better off with the first gen shuffle, you ll need a rubber glove and some vaseline and then....ahhaha oh man, sorry guys couldn't help it im kidding of course, but yeah that sucks... feel sorry for you man, couldnt go without my music for a whole day in school... i even put it on to go from class to class...

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Oh dear, where on earth do you live? :eek: No iPods?

Phh... no iPods? The first words I heard on the first day of high school a few weeks back: "Welcome to AIT... before we get to the introduction, it's time to set some ground rules. ABSOLUTELY NO iPods, NO cell phones, and NO internet devices on this campus WHATSOEVER."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.