Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Does anyone have an idea what the new 24" iMac screen response time is? I tried looking for it on the Apple-site and on google, but can't find anything else apart from the older Cinema Displays.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
I forget exactly what Samsung panel the 24" uses, it's a PVA or S-IPS panel.

Amazing panel with a fast response time, surely something like 5 or 6ms

Leon Kowalski

macrumors 6502a
Does anyone have an idea what the new 24" iMac screen response time is? I tried looking for it on the Apple-site and on google, but can't find anything else apart from the older Cinema Displays.
The new 24" iMacs use an LG.Philips LG240WU2-SL/B1 LCD panel. Can't find any specs on the LG.Philips site, but tftcentral.uk.co reports that it's the same basic panel as the ($1400!) NEC LCD2490WUXi (no info on whether the NEC panel has the same "SL/B1" suffix).

TFTcentral lists the response time as: "12 ms gray-to-gray"

NEC specifies: "Rapid Response (16 ms / 8 ms gray-to-gray)"

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_parts.htm

http://www.necdisplay.com/cms/documents/ColorBrochures/90Series_wide_Brochure_0107.pdf

I have now told you more than I know about response time specs.

BTW, the previous 24" iMac used an LG.Philips LM240WU2-SL/A1 -- but I can't find any information on what the "A1" vs. "B1" suffixes might imply. And, according to tftcentral, Apple's Cinema Displays all use LG.Philips panels -- very similar in quality to the iMac panels.

So, it appears that the 24" Intel-iMacs have very high-quality S-IPS panels (optimized for color quality and viewing angle, rather than speed) -- but somehow, Apple managed to screw-up the backlighting on the current model.

LK

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
Was the 24" iMac always a LG panel? I thought they were Samsung.

I had known the 20" is a LG TN panel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.