Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Says Steve himself (or his department robots)....

Here is a transcript of my email I sent to Steve this afternoon.

David

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 57,060

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
woah woah woah this calendar thing is huge ? are you really serious about this e-mail or you're just pulling our legs?

I completely understand the answer about the games. It sort of comes off like apple wasn't trying to cripple the device but for some reason it was buggy so they just took away the feature in the meantime so as to launch on time...but well never know.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
woah woah woah this calendar thing is huge ? are you really serious about this e-mail or you're just pulling our legs?

I completely understand the answer about the games. It sort of comes off like apple wasn't trying to cripple the device but for some reason it was buggy so they just took away the feature in the meantime so as to launch on time...but well never know.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm serious about the email. Any extra proof I can provide will be given.

I too think the calendar thing is huge. Again, not too fussed about the Games. I was just trying my luck to see if they would give me iTunes Store credit back. My only real gripe with the device is non-editable calendars. If they add this, I will be ecstatic.

David

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Wow, if that's true, then computers are even more mysterious than I could have imagined. Why can calendar events be added on the iPhone but not the Touch?

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
so .. they crippled the Calendar by accident .. or was it the flying pig?

it was a bad move and steve knows it, sooner that it gets rectified the wiser it will be, call it what you may though.

MvdM

Suspended
Apr 27, 2005
Wow, if that's true, then computers are even more mysterious than I could have imagined. Why can calendar events be added on the iPhone but not the Touch?
Good question. You would expect that adding events = adding events. Or are there specific iPhone calendar fields that are not in the touch?
Btw. after reading this topic I decided to ask Steve a question about editing/adding events and while I'm typing this he replies (that's within 3 minutes!) : Yep, its a bug that will be fixed soon.
I sent it to the same address the topic starter did. This is enough prove for me. I assume this address is really his, or at least one of his employees.
Btw. I did not get a reply about the notes question I asked in the same message.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
It is funny that they(Steve) evaded any excuses on notes and disk mode, and simply tossed the deliberately removed calendar feature away as a bug. It is very cool however that you got a response, and I anticipate the release of the software update.

EtienneP

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
Wait a minute. Steve Jobs takes time out of his day to write emails to customers? If this is true, this makes me really happy.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
bug?, lmao, I would be retard to believe its a bug. something not working when it supposed to work, thats a bug. Intensional crippling is fine, just don't pretend to be innocent.

inability to put games in to a "OS" SJ himself proudly taunted as a "OSX", is that another ignorant excuse from SJ? or is he admitting his software developing team are just purely BAD?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Wait a minute. Steve Jobs takes time out of his day to write emails to customers? If this is true, this makes me really happy.

It's usually someone in his office that gets those emails. I would not be surprised if a few of them are actually him though.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm serious about the email. Any extra proof I can provide will be given.

I too think the calendar thing is huge. Again, not too fussed about the Games. I was just trying my luck to see if they would give me iTunes Store credit back. My only real gripe with the device is non-editable calendars. If they add this, I will be ecstatic.

David

I'm not being sarcastic at all...I, too, would be ecstatic about editable calendars. I'm also impressed at how you can view PDFs in safari and they render perfectly...give it editable calendars, and the possibility of easily adding apps, and this is a PDA killer.

papadopolis1024

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
I would like the notes app but as long as the update comes out in the next month I will be happy... cause I am getting mine in the next month (From who myself for what my birthday!)

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Honestly, I'm so impressed with the way the touch work, Im kinda wishing I could just have an iPhone! But it won't be in canada for a while...boo

Genghis Khan

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
what worries me is what he ignored...namely photos and notes...the iPod touch should have the maximum functionality of its hardware...not restricted so that it doesn't get to close to iPhone (which it never will, because it's not a phone)

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
EXCELLENT! I was going to fill up the Calendar with video game releases, Indianapolis Colts games, and my own personal events (like a dental appointment or something), but I learned you can't add events. So what was the point of having a calendar on it? :p

I'm thrilled to hear that they're adding it eventually. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.