Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I'm curious . I had one before through verizon . Since Cingular is now part of AT&T and they offer hardline, and business line service also, this should be an option available?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Check online with "toll free number" in the search.

There are companies which provide an 800 number for you at a charge. When callers dial the 800 the company forwards it to the number you specify (your iPhone phone number).

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
good deal, ill look that up. I was hoping AT&T could provide the number. Ill give them a call to be sure but if they dont its good to know there are companies that do that service externally

patrickvanzandt

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
U.S.A.
I'm curious . I had one before through verizon . Since Cingular is now part of AT&T and they offer hardline, and business line service also, this should be an option available?

My experience has been that it is MUCH MUCH cheaper to get an 800 number from one of the many "forwarding" services out there instead of directly from a company like AT&T or Verizon. I used TelCan for several years and was always very happy with the service (and the price!)

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
My experience has been that it is MUCH MUCH cheaper to get an 800 number from one of the many "forwarding" services out there instead of directly from a company like AT&T or Verizon. I used TelCan for several years and was always very happy with the service (and the price!)

Yep, I found this is the best way to go also (forwarding). I found an unlimited rate. it comes to less then $50 per month, unlimited 800 calls, and I get one of those intro's where the caller is prompted to push 1 for "option 1 "... push 2 for "option 2" etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.