Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Has anyone who use cassette adapter for their iPod in car? iLounge said that Philips PH2050W is better than SONY's.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/philips-ph2050w-mp3-cd-cassette-adapter

I am thinking to get one cassette adapter, but dont know which brand has better sound.

In my experience, it is not one brand being better than another, but one adapter fitting better into your cassette player than another. And three different players from the same brand will be all different. When you look at reviews for any adapter, you will find half the people saying it is excellent, and the other half saying it is rubbish - and they are all correct, because all the adapters are different.

If you find a good one, look after the cables very, very carefully. You don't want to have to throw away an adapter that works very well just because the cables are broken. If it plays up, just unscrewing everything and putting it together again may improve things a lot.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I bought the Sony adapter based on the iLounge review and it was very mechanically noisy in my car (click..click..click..) so I took it back and exchanged for a Belkin adapter that works great. It is almost dead silent, and produces very good sound. This is my first cassette adapter experience. It works great for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.