Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Im trying to find one.. but it seems all are ugly..
I bought the incase.. but I just saw another person said his iPhone being scratched by it!! I actually dont understand how it is scratched.. since it feels so tight...
But do you guys know where has the best iPhone skin/cover?
Thanks!

GrimReefer

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2007
Center of America
They pretty much have to leave the full face open, as it is, after all, a touch screen. Mine just kinda holds the thing and clamps to my pocket or belt. It came with a thin plastic film to put over the face.

The plastic film does not interfere with the touch at all. My film had been scratched and gouged without any damage to the phone.

I cannot remember the name of the holder, it is black leather and I picked it up at the at&t poo store, maybe from belkin I think.

Bummer though, I had to send in my phone and got a new replacement, now I have to go and find the plastic face cover for the new phone.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Did anyone try BodyGuardz for iPhone?? Or invisibleshield??

Thanks GrimReefer, I will take a look at it.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
I am using the complete iPhone cover from Bestskinsever. Unfortunately I dropped the screen protector when trying to apply it and it got dust on it. I contacted bestskinsever and they immediately sent me a replacement free of charge!

The screen protector was extremely easy to apply but the back and side protection were a little more involved. It looks great though.

ben5959

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
No Shield Zone

DO NOT buy the shield zone skin, I used it and it was horrible. It turned a nasty brown color and it tore. I was completely dissatisfied with their customer service as well. They say that they have a 100% guarantee policy, but its not truly 100% because they make you pay the $5.00 for the shipping each time they replace their defective product. Please stay away from this one
:mad::mad::mad:

CWallace

macrumors G4
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Not sure I would call it "the best", but Speck now makes a ToughSkin for the iPhone. I had them for both my 1st and 2nd generation Nanos and they were great. Protected them very well. Add the Power Support Crystal Film, and you should be very well-protected against drops.

I use the Griffin Elan Snap-in for my holster, combined with the Power Support Crystal Film. I usually keep my iPhone in my pocket, not on my belt, so I have not had any issue with the belt-clip, though it does seem to be a weak-spot based on many reviews.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Will BSE or invisibleshield peel after used a long time??
And what is special about the power support???
It seems that the BSE front film doesnt really looks crystal clear.. I can see the surface of it in some pictures that they are not smooth..

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Will BSE or invisibleshield peel after used a long time??
Shouldn't do.

And what is special about the power support???
It's a thicker material and uses the static cling process rather than adhesive. Gives a much clearer result and can be removed and re-applied without difficulty.

It seems that the BSE front film doesnt really looks crystal clear.. I can see the surface of it in some pictures that they are not smooth..
I agree, hence the recommendation for the Power Support as a screen protector.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Thanks CD3660 for your detailed reply!

I actually think that apple's design has some problem. They just aim for show, but not for long term uses..
Especially the iPod, without any protective shield, you will definitely scratches your iPod, and it wont look good!

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
The problem is, all devices made from these kind of materials are ugly. Seen the Zune lately? I am starting to agree with people that just use no protection. Live a little. The odd STD (Scratched Toy or Device) won't hurt you..

Twinkie

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Milford, MI
I went with the Power Support Crystal Film (the second link CD3660 posted), and have been really happy with it. It won't protect the chrome bezel, but it keeps the screen reasonably protected from times I accidentally put my keys and iPhone in the same pocket.

To date, it's the only product I've seen which doesn't make the iPhone look (or feel) incredibly dorky.

Spritey

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
Canada/Norway/USA
Gizmobies

I just bought an iPod Touch while in Vegas, and in some mall I saw a kiosk that was selling these things called Gizmobies, which is kind of like protective, padded sticker for your iPod or iPhone. It doesn't cover the screen, but combine a Gizmobie with crystal film protection your iPhone should be pretty scratch proof.

It's a fairly new company I think, so their website isn't exactly great or updated that they sell these stickers for iPhones and Touches http://www.gizmobies.com/ but perhaps you can e-mail them and ask if they sell them in your area. The "sticker" (which is quite removable without leaving any sticky residue on your iPhone/iPod) also "sticks" to certain surfaces. And since it's kind of padded, your screen will no longer touch the surface when you leave it on the table screen down. (Again, put crystal film over the screen before you put the Gizmobies on)

Anyway, I think mine are awesome, and it makes my iPod look different, as well as it matches my headphones quite nicely :c)

Attachments

• DSC01384.JPG
    DSC01384.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC01383.JPG
    DSC01383.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 436

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I just bought an iPod Touch while in Vegas, and in some mall I saw a kiosk that was selling these things called Gizmobies, which is kind of like protective, padded sticker for your iPod or iPhone. It doesn't cover the screen, but combine a Gizmobie with crystal film protection your iPhone should be pretty scratch proof.

It looks like it covers the camera in that photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.