Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How are you buying Leopard?

• I'm going to the store to buy Leopard. Party Time!

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • I ordered online from Apple for the 26th delivery.

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • I ordered online from Amazon or other source.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • I did not order Leopard and I really could care less!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
I ordered online from Amazon (for work).

For home, I'm eventually going to buy a Mac that already has it installed.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
At the store, I want to be a part of an exciting release, since I did not attend the iPhone launch :eek:

nw43

macrumors regular
May 8, 2005
UK
Ordered from Amazon. Main reason being that they use Royal Mail for delivery so will leave it at the sorting office (which is next door!) for collection whereas when I've ordered something from the Apple store I need to spend hours chasing courier companies...

Although, saying that, they'll probably go on strike again and I won't get it for another 3 years...

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
I was at the store for the iPhone release. I think I will just enjoy this one at home loading it up and having fun. It was a hard choice. Maybe if I get it early on the 26th, I'll come to the store later just for the crowd.

shimmer11

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I agree, I pre ordered it and I live close to a couple of Apple stores. If I get it early in the day, I may head to the store to get a free shirt! I wonder if they will only give you a shirt if you buy a copy in store?

-Andy

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I ordered from Apple store online. I will be having it delivered to my Work, so I'm sure when it arrives I won't be doing much work, just eager to get out!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I've already pre-ordered it from Apple and expect delivery on the 26th, but I might just for the heck of it go on over to my local Apple store (Tysons) at around 5:30-ish and enjoy the excitement of this latest launch. I had a great time at the launch of the iPhone and I'm sure this one will be a lot of fun as well!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
I'm Going To A College Bookstore Friday MORNING To Get It Early For Only $69

Most college bookstores are selling Leopard for $69 like previous systems. Yes I have a current legitimate college credential. College stores are also selling Leopard Friday morning - no 6PM embargo. So I'm picking up my copy Friday morning on the way to the queue at the Palo Alto Apple Store. Partay On! ;) :)
I agree, I pre ordered it and I live close to a couple of Apple stores. If I get it early in the day, I may head to the store to get a free shirt! I wonder if they will only give you a shirt if you buy a copy in store?
You are correct. The T-Shirt is a gimmick to sell more copies. No T-Shirts without a purchase of Leopard or a system with Leopard.

brbubba

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Most college bookstores are selling Leopard for $69 like previous systems. Yes I have a current legitimate college credential. College stores are also selling Leopard Friday morning - no 6PM embargo.

You serious???? I asked my college store last week and he said I would have to wait until Sat morning due to the embargo. I'll stop by again tomorrow to see if there is any change in that status.

gigee

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
I've never gone to one of the store events. I'm considering it since I'm not one to be patient, but it's an hour drive for me. Meaning by the time I get off work I would arrive at 7 at the earliest, most likely 8. I know it probably varies from store to store, but how crazy are these events? Should I not bother going if I can't be there early?

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
UK
I placed an order online with Apple.

If it doesn't arrive by 5pm then I am off to Next Byte to see if I can pick a copy up from 6pm.

If I don't get it on Friday then I'm just going to cry like a baby :rolleyes:

MadDoc,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.