Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
my ibook 800mhz g3 isn't booting up. I just turned it on one day & it showed the apple logo as usual, it went to the Starting up screen, and then it just disappears and i'm left with a blue screen, and the mouse sometimes appears for about 10 seconds and then it goes away. i've tried formatting, installing an earlier operating system, using a boot cd, booting from an external hard drive, everything. i have no idea what's going on. help!

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
my ibook 800mhz g3 isn't booting up. I just turned it on one day & it showed the apple logo as usual, it went to the Starting up screen, and then it just disappears and i'm left with a blue screen, and the mouse sometimes appears for about 10 seconds and then it goes away. i've tried formatting, installing an earlier operating system, using a boot cd, booting from an external hard drive, everything. i have no idea what's going on. help!

I would do a re-install.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
please the only mac os disk i have is my imac system restore disks. would that work? i cant reinstall my os if i dont have an os for it. if it helps, i had installed front row using Pacifist and Front row enabler before i turned my ibook on again. what files does front row add/modify?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.