Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Last Saturday, me 3rd MagSafe broke for my MacBook. Very annoying. I emailed sjobs@apple.com explaining that it was my 3rd connector, etc, etc. The next day I went to the Apple Store Meadowhall to get a replacement, and just as luck happened there was another guy with the exact same problem at the exact same time as I was at the Genius Bar!

Anyway so on Wednesday I get a call from an Apple exec called Rachel who basically said they wanted to take a look at my MacBook so they would send me out a brand-new 2.16GHz C2D one (remember the original one was only 1.83GHz CD) in exchange for me sending my old on in!

Monday arrives and the new MacBook arrives with a Leopard drop in CD. Excellent I thought, I won't have to buy it now. On Wednesday afternoon, yet another TNT van arrives at my house and gives me another free copy of Leopard - the retail version!

So in total Apple have sent me a new MacBook, iLife 08 (included with the MB) and 2 copies of Leopard. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic! I know there are SR MacBooks now, but still a very worthy upgrade :D

iBecks

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
AppleCare does indeed rock.

In August an Apple Authorised Service Provider fitted 3 LCD screens to my MBP and each of them had a different fault. The AASP decided to escalate this to Apple who exchange my 2.33 MBP for a new 2.4 MBP.

Excellent customer service by both the AASP and Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.