Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chealion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
On hardmac, there is a snippet saying that with 7B21 the battery life is running a normal 6-7 hours with a G4 550.

I thought Apple said these had 4 hour battery lives, and that was in optimum conditions, and most people would only find 2-3 hours of battery life when working with it.

Can someone clear up my confusion?

And has Apple included "stuff" into Panther to increase battery life (eg. added software to tell the hardware to consume less power?)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
hmm with 7b21, i noticed that my battery is lasting WAAAAYYYYY longer than it ever did with either 7a202 or 10.2. I thought the five hours remaining on 97% charge was impossible, especially since i never got more than 4 hours on a 100% charge while using AirPort in Jaguar. I'm really surprised. The battery wouldn't have lasted 3 hours with 7a202 with all the stuff I was doing.

edit: i haven't installed 7b21 on my powerbook yet, so i dunno about the pb battery.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by übergeek
hmm with 7b21, i noticed that my battery is lasting WAAAAYYYYY longer than it ever did with either 7a202 or 10.2. I thought the five hours remaining on 97% charge was impossible, especially since i never got more than 4 hours on a 100% charge while using AirPort in Jaguar. I'm really surprised. The battery wouldn't have lasted 3 hours with 7a202 with all the stuff I was doing.

edit: i haven't installed 7b21 on my powerbook yet, so i dunno about the pb battery.

On my graphite 366 I recently bought a new battery, even though it occasionally gives an error (392848 hours of battery life), when it fixes itself, it says about 4 hours 30 Mins of battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.