Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
Yup, in Germany and it's DOWN. Which sucks because I wanted to backup and reformat my computer and I need .mac to sync my keychains and bookmarks...

laughingbabe16

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2006
Yes, its down. My iDisk wont mount, my calendar wont publish, and I can't log into mac.com

ER! Service for me is normally good but I'm thinking once this years subscription is completed, I'm going to switch everything to another company- but I hate having to transfer data over. Anyone know of a good service like this that will work with macs?

oogje

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
http://www.mac.com/maintenance/ said:
This .Mac service is temporarily unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly.
I wonder why they schedule maintenance at 2:00PM EDT on a Thursday.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I wonder why they schedule maintenance at 2:00PM EDT on a Thursday.

that's the other thing that annoys me:

2 weeks ago they gave us one night notice that we have to upgrade our mac's in order to be able to continue syncing.

now we have "scheduled maintainance" that nobody knew of.

i think they should "schedule" to give the respnsible managers their "two weeks notice".

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
.Mac Website Down !

".Mac is currently unavailable" .... I wonder if they're fixing Back to my Mac or a new site is coming or what.......

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Down here as well (UK)

"This .Mac service is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly."

Upgrades? It's the first time there's been a problem for me (I've had it for 2 months).

I do wish that there was a message in Mail to say that .Mac was down though. I had to go to the website to work our why my mail was all greyed out.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
I'm buying a house and there is time sensitive emails that I need to pull up and I am at work.

.mac being down is really killing me today.

Its been 2 hours....ridiculous. Why not perform maintenance at 3AM?

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
At the company I work for, we put the "System Maintenance" page up when something is broken. Not just for system maintenance. And there is no way we'd do maintenance during the day.

So I believe that something is wrong and that it's not maintenance at all.

Cheers.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Hmmm. Didn't notice it was down. My emails still seem to be working, not had a problem all day, yet if I go to mac.com, bingo, its down. Strange. People's websites hosted on dotMac seem to be up from the ones I've tried, so it just looks like the website itself?? Some of you guys getting no emails? It's never usually very long, but given the inappropriate time maybe there is a problem.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Some of you guys getting no emails?
Yup. My MB (Mail.app) won't pick up dotmac email. Oddly enough, two emails squeaked in on my iPhone. So I'm not sure what's really going on.

And I've just sent some email, but am unsure if the recipient has received them or not.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
It's been down for a few hours now. I suppose whatever time they do it it'll be the middle of the day for somebody.

tripwire

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2005
A few minutes ago they changed
"This .Mac service is temporarily unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly." to
"This .Mac service is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly."

boganrulz

macrumors member
May 27, 2007
No matter what time that they update .mac or whatever, it will be down for one country or another:apple:

tripwire

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2005
"11/01/2007 : 12:30-12:31 PST
4% of members experienced difficulties with .Mac Mail for 30 minutes. Normal service has been restored"

30 minutes,4%??
my ass!

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
"11/01/2007 : 12:30-12:31 PST
4% of members experienced difficulties with .Mac Mail for 30 minutes. Normal service has been restored"

30 minutes,4%??
my ass!

I guess that was the number of people that actually called and complained as opposed to posting on here about it like we all did.

Good for the complainers! Saves us having to do it.

Cheers.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Nope! still down here.

tripwire
A few minutes ago they changed
"This .Mac service is temporarily unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly." to
Today 08:10 PM

and stop calling me shorty! :)

EDIT: two minutes later and it's up!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I do find it hilarious that I'm always within the 4 percent of users that are experiencing problems when .mac goes down. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's because I was an iTools user, and my account was created at the launch of the service. That or I'm on an older server or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.