Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilmor42

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2005
UK
i was on the store this morning and the macbooks had been updated and now the store is down again..
lets hope its something impressive... which i doubt heavily :)

wilmor42

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2005
UK
yes this is a very good point..
maybe they'll even see sense and drop the price of the damn thing and bring it inline with the US cost..
its also about time they started bringing out some useful accessories for the ipod touch-like a CAMERA dammit..or even a voice recorder..
yeah right..

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
The Belgian store is also being updated, so it's probably not the iPhone.

georgeoommen

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
i was on the store this morning and the macbooks had been updated and now the store is down again..
lets hope its something impressive... which i doubt heavily :)

i bought a macbook last week, on Friday as soon as Leopard was released. Does anyone know if I can take this back and exchange it for one of the updated ones? Or am i stuffed for being too excited about Leopard?

gormond

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
I ordered a MacBook 5 minutes before it went down.. If anything's updated I win the award for the fastest obsolete Mac ever.

Wasn't that kind of silly as the MacBook update hit the US store yesterday which adds Santa Rosa and the GMA X3100 graphics and will likely hit the UK store today.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
London
I suspect it is to fix the pricing errror on the macbok page. When I changed the hard disk for the macbook from 120 to 160 the price went down by £60:D Unfortunately the correct price was shown on the checkout page:(

iBecks

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Wasn't that kind of silly as the MacBook update hit the US store yesterday which adds Santa Rosa and the GMA X3100 graphics and will likely hit the UK store today.

The update was already on the UK store, so it wasn't silly in anyway, how was Brainstorm91 to know the store was going down?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I suspect it is to fix the pricing errror on the macbok page. When I changed the hard disk for the macbook from 120 to 160 the price went down by £60:D Unfortunately the correct price was shown on the checkout page:(

You'd think they could do that "on the fly" and not take the whole store down for going on 45 minutes now. :p

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
does this apply even if i have opened it and been using it since last weekend?

Yes, I bought a Mac mini last Friday and I was unsure whether to get the mini or an iMac. They told me if I wasn't happy with it, I could change it within 14 days, it even has the return date on the Apple Store receipt.

Do you still have all the packaging for it?

georgeoommen

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Yes, I bought a Mac mini last Friday and I was unsure whether to get the mini or an iMac. They told me if I wasn't happy with it, I could change it within 14 days, it even has the return date on the Apple Store receipt.

Do you still have all the packaging for it?

yup, got everything.. only thing is i bought it on the back to school program. so got the ipod as well with it. do you think they'd accept it if i only took the macbook back.. and if so will i still get the back to school offer?

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
There web designers must be rubbish.

The store is down so often, the people they employ must be really crap at there jobs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.