Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Hi All,

I've about had it with ATT and as much as I love my iPhone i think i'm going to give it up.. i was just wondering bc im not sure: am i allowed to resell my iphone? can it be reactivated as another number?

thanks

MacBoy108

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Yorba Linda CA
You should be able to restore it to factory settings and the buyer could hook it up to itunes and set it up with at&t. How much are you selling it for? How many Gigs? Could you jut not afford the at&t bill?

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
You should be able to restore it to factory settings and the buyer could hook it up to itunes and set it up with at&t. How much are you selling it for? How many Gigs? Could you jut not afford the at&t bill?

i havent even thought of how much to ask for... it's 8GB... i'm selling it cuz i hate ATT the service is just nowhere near up to par for me

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
if its in good condition and not jailbroken I would suggest 350 or so.

I got close to that (approx. $310, if I remember correctly, before shipping on ebay....) for my old little 4gig. Just lucky I suppose.

I too got rid of it due to at&t service - or lack thereof. I really loved the phone and basically using it replaced my other computers in total for basic computing with that convenient little baby. I do miss it in those terms. Sad that I just couldn't justify keeping it due to the carrier! I would, in fact, pick up another if I could legally use another carrier.... Hear that, Apple?:mad:

Good luck with your sale, in any case. And... to hijack the thread...... how does the iPod Touch compare to the iPhone if I just wanted the aforementioned functionality in a similarly convenient package?

MacBoy108

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Yorba Linda CA
I got close to that (approx. $310, if I remember correctly, before shipping on ebay....) for my old little 4gig. Just lucky I suppose.

I too got rid of it due to at&t service -
Why not just stop the service,get some other pone and still enjoy the rest of the iPhone?

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
Why not just stop the service,get some other pone and still enjoy the rest of the iPhone?

Because for the $310 in opportunity cost the iphone was costing me by holding onto it, I could get a phone w/decent service and still use my old computers until I can get a little extra cash to get (maybe) a touch with more storage. Having a 4gig iPhone with the aforementioned lost opportunity costs and not use the phone just seemed wasteful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.