Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Are these localized strings new?

"4320.069" = "Are you sure you want to manually manage music on your iPhone? You will need to manually eject your iPhone before it can be disconnected safely.";

"4320.073" = "Enabling the iPhone for disk use requires manually ejecting the iPhone before each disconnect, even when automatically syncing music.";

"4320.075" = "The software required for communicating with the iPhone is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPhone’s software.";

"4320.082" = "The iPhone “^1” contains new voice memos. Would you like to move these voice memos to your iTunes library?";

"4320.084" = " Would you like iTunes to choose a selection of songs to sync to this iPhone?";

timothyjay2004

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Can anyone comment on if this works with unlocked or jailbroken iPhones?

iTunes software updates have nothing to do with a jailbroken iPod interfacing with iTunes. It'll be the firmware updates for each that will possibly cause problems.

timothyjay2004

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Anyone know if this will render my iPod mini obsolete like 7.4 did? (I had to go back and find an older version to reinstall [7.2] to be able to bring it back to life)

My sister has the original iPod mini, in pink. She has never had a problem with any of the iTunes 7.x releases. Hers has always synced and worked fine.

Jocko

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2007
zzzz I expected something less boring for a .5 milestone.
Since when is .5 more or less significant than any other point release? A point release is a point release. That's fairly standard release management practice. The only version that would inherently imply a more significant release would be to increment the 7 to an 8. Sorry. I do agree it would have been more fun to get a bunch of other cool new features in 7.5.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
My sister has the original iPod mini, in pink. She has never had a problem with any of the iTunes 7.x releases. Hers has always synced and worked fine.

Yeah, every iPod will work with whatever the latest version of iTunes is at the time. My dad still uses his 1st Generation iPod and iPod mini with 7.4

Pants Dragon

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
I live in Canada, and I have the ringtones option in the sidebar now too... I hope that means the iPhone may be coming up here soon.

Addy1975

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
Anyone try this with an iPod touch yet?

Yes - just installed 7.5 and no problems with my JailBroken iPod Touch, in fact i've just noticed it has added a Calendars sync option that wasn't there before(on the info tab)

I still can't add / amend calendar entries on the iPod touch - that will be on the next firmware update...

riversky

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2005
Safari 3.0 Final 10.5 Only

Who cares - we want 10.4.11 and Safari 3 final for Tiger.

My understanding is the Safari 3.0 Final (at least on the Mac side) is a Leopard only feature. Features like the widget maker etc...are only Leopard. So I would say that Tiger users are going to be stuck in beta for ever.....

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Really? It's going to allow hundreds of thousand of people here in Europe to activate their new iPhones. That doesn't sound like "an incredible waste" to me.

Believe it or not, there is whole world outside of the USA. ;)

Well it seems that Apple should fix what is broken before worrying about adding new features.

kinchee87

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
New Zealand
Ahhh should have checked for this before doing the updates but playing videos minimised to the dock via Quicktime does not show the video playing, even though the sound is still going. The video is only a static picture. Is there a setting I've missed in Quick Time

Jason Klepper

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2007
San Diego, Ca
Quicktime 7.3 has appeared to stretch all my Handbrake conversions (AppleTV Preset) and squashes them. VLC plays the files with correct aspect ratios, but this new version of Quicktime no longer does...:(

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    370.6 KB · Views: 329
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.