Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePod17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
I just plugged in my 5th gen iPod and iTunes said that version 1.2.2 is available! I'm downloading it now...

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Maybe it will fix the bug that stops my iPod crashing when I plug it into my mac....

martintyler

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2005
updated my 60GB 5th gen ipod last night, it then added the new album i had added to itunes, i then disconnected (when it said it could).. went to listen to the new album this morning and i cannot access any of my music...

Artists, Albums etc all just go to a list with just 'All' on it and nothing inside that. Going to 'About' still says i am using ~35GB

prabeshfloyd

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
everything gone!!!!!!!!!

I just updated to 1.2.2. when i plugged in my ipod it said "synching" for a while, so i got paranoid. when i unplugged my ipod it had all the song titles ad playlists intact left but nothing would play. It keeps on skipping to the next track. my backup is across the globe(in NEPAL-asia), i haven't restored the ipod yet. anyone know how to get around it?

help!!!!!!!!!

that darn 1.2.2 update screwed me over. because european law had to go down 4db, i lost 24 GB of music...........anyone know anything about this? nobody should do this update.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even listen to the beatles song "help" anymore :-(

almost 24 GB of music gone!!!!!!!

i need help!!

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
I just updated to 1.2.2. when i plugged in my ipod it said "synching" for a while, so i got paranoid. when i unplugged my ipod it had all the song titles ad playlists intact left but nothing would play. It keeps on skipping to the next track. my backup is across the globe(in NEPAL-asia), i haven't restored the ipod yet. anyone know how to get around it?

help!!!!!!!!!

that darn 1.2.2 update screwed me over. because european law had to go down 4db, i lost 24 GB of music...........anyone know anything about this? nobody should do this update.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even listen to the beatles song "help" anymore :-(

almost 24 GB of music gone!!!!!!!

i need help!!

Relax. Just restore and re-sync your iPod.

orangetrumpeter

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
Urbana, IL
I assume this update will provide that new battery meter icon as found on the other iPod releases with iTunes 7.5 recently....

EDIT: Apparently not.............

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
Good lesson, though - don't update anything mission-critical if you don't have a handy backup.

Google and download iPodRip - it's a shareware utility that may be able to pull the songs back off of your iPod.

WICKEDfour

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2003
I also downloaded an installed 1.2.2 on my 80 GB 5.5-gen iPod - no hitches here. As of right now I see no new features - no battery indicator either. No release notes either! Hmm...

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Good lesson, though - don't update anything mission-critical if you don't have a handy backup.

Google and download iPodRip - it's a shareware utility that may be able to pull the songs back off of your iPod.

A vote for Senuti here-- it might be able to pull song files off, too.
And a vote for the mission-critical thing.
And a vote for "never, ever, unplug a device while it is working on its own system software!"

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Speaking of the 5 Gen iPod, has anyone YET been able to install the new UI from the 6th Gen iPod onto the 5, 5.5 Gens? Out of curiosity....:rolleyes::apple:

MacGeek Pro

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Solution

The solution for those who upgraded to 1.2.2 and have since been unable to "see" their music on their iPods, you MUST upgrade to iTunes 7.5!

This worked for my wife's iPod 5.5G 80GB.

Cheers.

WhiteShadow

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2006
Washington D.C.
just out of curisoity I pluged my 5gen 60gb in last night, first time in over 6 months and update 1.2.2 nice.

although *safari is snappier* no real improvement.

Magnus Reftel

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
A vote for Senuti here-- it might be able to pull song files off, too.
And a vote for the mission-critical thing.
And a vote for "never, ever, unplug a device while it is working on its own system software!"

*puts on a fake gray beard*
... and always mount a scratch monkey!

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
How about running 5.5G firmware on a 5G iPod?

From what I remember, it's the same firmware for the 5.5G and the 5G iPod.

Edit: Installed the update on my 5.5G 30 GB with iTunes 7.5 installed...everything is fine. Maybe it'll solve my problem of it not playing audio the first time around sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.