Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Hi,
I do not know whats wrong with my iPhone. All of a sudden it stopped switching automatically to wifi like it did before. I have toggled the switch that automatically selects known networks and no change. Also, within the last week, my iPhone refuses to go on to any wifi network. I would go into the setting and select the network manually, which it used to join automatically, and it will not connect to the wifi netwrok but rather continue using edge. My version is 1.1.2 and never have tried any hacks/work arounds. I havce tried the easy restart but yet the hard restart. I will try that tommorow if all other suggestions fail to help. Thanks for any help solving this problem.

samwich

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
that happened to me once.

to fix it I clicked the blue arrow to the right of the network to view the details of the one I wanted to join automatically. I chose "forget this network", and turned wi fi off, and then back on. I chose the network I wanted to join automatically and it has been joining it automatically ever since.

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
This happens to me everyday (my wife's iphone is ok).

My workaround:
Settings -> Airplane Mode ON
Click WIFI
Click WIFI again
Enable WIFI
Select your network.

Not sure why the iphone won't reliably work with my wifi, but this workaround works.

iGertrude

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
Perfect!

that happened to me once.

to fix it I clicked the blue arrow to the right of the network to view the details of the one I wanted to join automatically. I chose "forget this network", and turned wi fi off, and then back on. I chose the network I wanted to join automatically and it has been joining it automatically ever since.
+1

I just followed these instructions and they worked perfectly for me.

EDIT: Firmware 1.0.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.