Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sameer1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
i have installed too many crappy app and some of them are installed and some of them are not installed. I am also facing problems in installing new apps and my iphone stucks while going for soft reboot.

I want to delete EVERYTHING (as i got it new unlocked 1.0.2) without any installer or apps.

I had tried HARD RESETTING - nothing happened
ERASING (by going t SETTING --> GENERAL-RESET both erase all or resetting)

the apps are still there.. the installer doesn't has it in UNINSTALLED it.

Please help me. I want to DELETE or FORMAT the phone to ZERO.

Please helpme

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
i have installed too many crappy app and some of them are installed and some of them are not installed. I am also facing problems in installing new apps and my iphone stucks while going for soft reboot.

I want to delete EVERYTHING (as i got it new unlocked 1.0.2) without any installer or apps.

I had tried HARD RESETTING - nothing happened
ERASING (by going t SETTING --> GENERAL-RESET both erase all or resetting)

the apps are still there.. the installer doesn't has it in UNINSTALLED it.

Please help me. I want to DELETE or FORMAT the phone to ZERO.

Please helpme
Did you bother to whip out the iPhone user manual and read through it to see how or if you can even format??

sameer1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
only if was written clearly. I hope someone can help me. I have tried all and now i am frusterated. I rather not use FORMAT command, I want to DELETE all 3rd party apps and INSTALLER 3 fro my set so i keep it clean and install launcher so my home screen wont be all congested.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
only if was written clearly. I hope someone can help me. I have tried all and now i am frusterated. I rather not use FORMAT command, I want to DELETE all 3rd party apps and INSTALLER 3 fro my set so i keep it clean and install launcher so my home screen wont be all congested.

Click Restore in iTunes.

sameer1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
THANKS for the manual tip. My phone is restores and now its asking me to connect it to ITUNE to ACTIVATE IPHONE. luckily i didnt installed 7.5 or i know the phone would be locked.

I bought the unlocked 1.0.2 does it mean its firmware is 1.0.2 rightnow?

Please tell me what should I do now? I think i blew it....

Please tell me how can i get it back unlocked?

sameer1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
i have connected my iphone to ibrick and its saying that i can unlock.. rightnow its downloading 1.0.2 (which means my firmware is not 1.0.2 anymore)

anyone used ibrick to unlock? please help me here :(

iamiphone.ca

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
Hello - Your best bet would be to:
1- Use iBrickr to Free your phone - You may need to click on boot phone when it is done.

2 - Once it is free download pacay and activate your phone

3 - Run apptapp installer to install the installer on your phone

4 - Once installed, install Community Resources and BSD Subsystems

5 - Once completed go to sources and add i.unlock.no

6 - Tap install in installer

7 - scroll to unlocking tools

8 - install the virginizer

9 - run virginizer

10 - once complete restore to 1.1.1 in iTunes (Make sure it is 1.1.1 not 1.1.2)

11 - Use the jailbreakme method to re unlock your phone

Should be good

Mark

http://www.iamiphone.ca

sameer1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Well, I have run IBRICK and it had done some gizmos in my iphone. IBRICK i guess installed 1.0.2 because when i first run IBRICK it told me that my iphone doesn;t has 1.0.2.

I have also installed ANYSIM, but i cant see any screen but a GLOBE and ACTIVATE IPHONE with EMERGENCY CALL. thats all

if i put my sim in the message "NO SIM INSTALLED" disappears.

Any assistance?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.