Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Hi Hi,

I need to change the date on some of my photos in iPhoto. Some of them are from a disc of old (non-digital camera) photos and are all dated 1/1/99. I'd like to put them in some sort of date order. Also my girlfriend set the date on her new camera/phone to be 2008 so I'd like to change those too.
I've got iPhoto 6 if that helps.

Cheers

Mark

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I ran into a somewhat similar situation a while ago when I got back from vacation and combined my and a friends shots of the same trip--her camera was an hour off from mine, so they weren't sorted in together properly.

At the time I ended up finding out that iPhoto can't edit this information (what you want to change, or in your case add, is the EXIF data). A Better Finder Attributes is one program that can do it, but it's not free.

The two free ones I found were Reveal and PhotoInfo. I don't remember which I ended up using, but either can probably do what you want.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I don't remember in iPhoto 6 but in iPhoto 7 you can highlight the pic you want to change and than go up to Photos and it has a selection for time and date change.

Hope this helps.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Select the photos you want to change, click on Photos on the menubar, then Batch Change. Will change all at once, even adding time to each one if you want.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Select the photos you want to change, click on Photos on the menubar, then Batch Change.
Ahh, that's right, iPhoto CAN edit the time. I now remember that the reason I needed to go to an external tool is because iPhoto only lets you set the date/time individually, or incrementing 1 minute between photos of a batch. I was trying to add an offset to a hundred photos at once, which I would have had to do manually.

saleswhisperer

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2007
Wrong dates on photos when upgrading to iPhoto '08

We recently upgraded to '08 and half of our pictures now have the wrong date! With thousands of pictures it is daunting to think of how to fix this. Any idea why it reorganized our previously organized '06 photos with wrong dates?

ghagerty

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2010
I don't remember in iPhoto 6 but in iPhoto 7 you can highlight the pic you want to change and than go up to Photos and it has a selection for time and date change.

Hope this helps.

That was the easiest 10 seconds of my life.... THANKS!:D

stoked1

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
[/COLOR]
Select the photos you want to change, click on Photos on the menubar, then Batch Change. Will change all at once, even adding time to each one if you want.

Thank you for that, exactly what I needed to know, once I batch-changed all the photo dates to the correct ones, the folder date also changed to the correct one. I was getting frustrated at not being able to change it directly as you'd expect.

My camera battery must have gone flat and reset the date to 1990 with my last 2 lots of photos.:rolleyes:

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I'm getting some WEIRD problem with this. The year I have is 2555 -- which is the Thai calendar year. I try to change it to 2012 and it keeps setting it WRONG! All my other photos have the Gregorian year. Do I need to change the region setting of the photo as well somewhere??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.