Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Is anyone else here into egg nog?

I can't seem to resist it at the grocery store. Its terrible for you but I still love it.

My favorites this year have been [url="http://www.horizonorganic.com/products/eggnog/index.html] Horizon Organic Egg Nog[/url], and Land O'Lakes Brand Egg Nog. Both of which, I think, are gluten free.

The Kroger brand seems to be alright. But the Moover's Brand was certainly the worst. Tasted like sugary egg nog flavor cream. Yuk!

Last edited:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Oh man, I forgot about that form of un-banned crack!

Call me sick, but I dig the Hood Egg-Nog. In the carton, no plastic container.

Shaken, not stirred. ;)

Edit: I've been posting so (#*$ing long/much lately - I spelled form FORUM. #*$&!!!

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I love the stuff. I tend to like getting the store brand because it not as thick as some of the name brands but oh I love it. I think I been downing like a 1/2 gallon a week for the past 4 weeks or so.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
I love the stuff. I tend to like getting the store brand because it not as thick as some of the name brands but oh I love it. I think I been downing like a 1/2 gallon a week for the past 4 weeks or so.

*** Looks at clock --- contemplates the 24 hour store down the road... ***

Thanks, buddy.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i'm not so much into egg nog itself, but i really like egg nog-flavored products like egg nog shakes or egg nog ice cream/frozen yogurt. yum! :)

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
We've covered this:

ingredients
egg,
nog,
crack.

OR: The most unhealthy hi cholesterol / super calorie beverage.

Or you could google it and get the truth - but that's no fun.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
I like using egg nog when I make a latte or capuccino..Gives it a whole new taste.. I also like it when it's mixed with equal parts dark rum and brandy....

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Hmm. Wouldn't it also give it a whole different texture? :eek: :D

Raw eggs into hot coffee?

Ok - that should be different, but not bad.

Just whatever you do - and no matter how drunk you get - regardless of how much $ your friends offer you.

DO NOT MIX WITH JAGERMISTER!

Also: Do not ask me how I know this.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
There is a farm brand out here, Guernsey thats very thick. Thats a little too much for me. The store brands do tend to be not as thick,

I tend to like a little more spice in my egg nog. Thats what keeps me coming back.

I've never had it with rum tho. Maybe I'll try it this year.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i've only had it once. it was pretty good. tasted kinda like sweet milk to me though.

i might get some this year, just for kicks. i always need more calories anyways :eek:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not my cuppa tea. I used to like Snowballs, only I can't remember if they're even remotely related to Egg Nog or not!

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
I want to try the new nog-flavored version of Rice Dream. Anyone tried it?

Also, I've drank the stuff from grocery stores for years... it wasn't until last year that I tried REAL, actual egg nog.. made with real fresh cream, real (raw) eggs, and a TON of whiskey or something alcoholic in it. My god, it was good.. and thick.. and frothy. And inebriating! But once it gets warm it's no good anymore.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Mmmm, awesome. One of the best things about the Christmas season. It's weird, because I can't stand drinking milk (I hate the taste and everything about it), but I can't get enough egg nog. My biggest problem is finding a brand that's good. Most grocery store brands are too sweet and have a gross "bubble-gum" taste (probably the artificial egg nog flavor). When I lived in Arizona I was able to get the Southern Comfort brand, which was really good. Not sure if it's available in Kansas City, though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.