Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Kristin Sloan is profiled in the New York Observer. Sloan was featured in one of the early iPhone commercials in which she relays her experiences updating her blog with the iPhone.

Her blog saw an immediate burst in traffic from 2,000 hits a day up to 48,000 on the first day of the ad. Traffic has since settled down to 15,000 hits/day. Sloan does not reveal how she was chosen for the ad.

Article Link

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
she was chosen because she's hot. 'needs a sandwich, but she's still hot.

She's also a well spoken, talented and happens to have an iPhone.

Although, back to your point, it really doesn't surprise me to read she has a boyfriend. Incredibly attractive.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I went to the website just to see if it was real.

I'm actually quite surprised they let her plug her sites address into the ad, but with the speculation of the "fake" airline ad I guess it was sort of a way to "redeem" the marketing campaigns credibility.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
she was chosen because she's hot. 'needs a sandwich, but she's still hot.

I don't think she needs a sandwich. She's about the only real American girl I have seen that looks like she hasn't eaten too many!

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
her blog got all those hits 'cause she's all "i shoot photos in my dressing room and post them to my blog"... haha...
i suspect those photos only show her eating a sandwich though...

my work colleague has just asked if "needs a sandwich" is a eupherism for something
because if not, then within our office it is now

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
sorry guys, I just meant that she's a little thin for my preference. She's definitely not unhealthy looking.

koobcamuk raises a great point -- many American women could probably eat this girl!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I feel like crap because I have no idea what the whole sandwich thing is.
It was someone making reference to how thin she was.
not sure, but i would guess it means she could stand to gain a few pounds.
Yes that was the point, though not my point but when I see an opportunity to be cute I have to take it. ;)
Ahh, I see. She is a ballet dancer though, there's pressure to stay thin.:eek:
Yes exactly.
i've known a few ballet dancers. while thin, i'm so amazed by how muscular they are. :eek:
And how!
I don't think she needs a sandwich. She's about the only real American girl I have seen that looks like she hasn't eaten too many!
Trust me, chicks are fat in other countries too playa. :rolleyes:
sorry guys, I just meant that she's a little thin for my preference. She's definitely not unhealthy looking.

koobcamuk raises a great point -- many American women could probably eat this girl!
Hey hey this is a family forum, there will be no discussion of women eating women....
For the record, I couldn't and wouldn't eat her no matter how hungry I may be.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Trust me, chicks are fat in other countries too playa. :rolleyes:

Of course they are. English obesity is catching up and might even overtake America soon. It seems to be the new thing to do.

Aaaanyway, she's nice, but my girlfriend is hotter. Much hotter.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Of course they are. English obesity is catching up and might even overtake America soon. It seems to be the new thing to do.

Aaaanyway, she's nice, but my girlfriend is hotter. Much hotter.

Also you have a fast car, millions of dollars, and are better looking than Brad Pitt.

Everyone's a movie star on the Internet! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.