Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
The iphone shoes "Inorrect SIM". jailbreak etc. works

AnySim doesnt work. Has anybody an idea?

OW22

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Dude, go here http://iphone.unlock.no/

And go to the section How to "Virginize" if you already upgraded and have 04.01.13_G"

I had that IMEI problem and this guys instructions fixed things beautifully. Definitely the easiest to follow instructions on the web....

xSeanZx

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah Colts with that IMEI number you will not be able to reactivate, and when you try to exchange it they will not take it because it does not match the IMEI on the back.

Here is a tip to get it back to normal. Turn off the phone, and take the SIM card out. Restart the phone and restore it WITHOUT the sim card inside. This will make your IMEI number return to its original one. THen put your SIm card in and it should stay the same.

Take it EXACTLY like this to an apple store, and exchange it. Note: You better hope they dont try restarting it because if they restart it with the sim card in it, it will go to the 0049 one. Luckily when I exchanged mine they didnt

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
I am saying what I said before

IMEI starting in 0049... means a bricked iPhone. There are many ways to unbrick it. Methods vary from free to the paid iPhone SimFree method. Just choose which ever method you like.

A bad IMEI does not mean the phone is bricked. When you brick a phone is when it is not usable anymore.

Again, follow my link up there, it works if you updated to 1.1.1 without virginizing. Just downgrade, then virginize and update again. You will be alright.

dcba432102001

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2007
Yeah Colts with that IMEI number you will not be able to reactivate, and when you try to exchange it they will not take it because it does not match the IMEI on the back.

Here is a tip to get it back to normal. Turn off the phone, and take the SIM card out. Restart the phone and restore it WITHOUT the sim card inside. This will make your IMEI number return to its original one. THen put your SIm card in and it should stay the same.

Take it EXACTLY like this to an apple store, and exchange it. Note: You better hope they dont try restarting it because if they restart it with the sim card in it, it will go to the 0049 one. Luckily when I exchanged mine they didnt

What did you tell them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.