Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
I just bought a pair of se210's today. VERY POOR sound quality until I got home and played around with the ear peice. After I found one that fit my ear, EXCELLENT sound quality. I love them.

I'd love to hear a pair of the se530's... I wonder how much better they sound than my se210's.

I also have a pair of Audio Technica's. They are by far the best headphones I've ever heard. They're about to fall apart, but they sound stunning.

-Chris

Attachments

• 4345-SE210BlackonwhiteHI.jpg
    4345-SE210BlackonwhiteHI.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 198
  • ath_m40fs.jpg
    ath_m40fs.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3,494

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Since I can't stand to have anything in my ears I use Sony MDR-7506's. I absolutely love them because they have about as flat a response as headphones can have. I can add any coloration by EQ'ing. The drivers will handle +12dB without distorting, great for some added bass when needed.

Attachments

• sony-mdr-7506.jpg
    sony-mdr-7506.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3,490

DMC-12

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Nashville, TN
I have the MDR-7506s and I love them! (But the rubber on the cord has frayed and exposed the wiring with less than a year of use.)

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
OKay, I probably already posted one of my headphones here but I have some more.

Here is a pic of all my headphones.

See those Apple In-Ear ones? Picked them up ( brand new ) for a forth of the price they're worth. Those just don't fit in my ears, I want to wear them but they keep falling out and it annoyes me alot. Those In ears just arent anything for me , I have cursed ears. Anyway , the middle ones with the protectors are the ones I use and love. Those are a pare of Creatives EPwhatnot.
Now , I used to love those Apple headpones , the design and quality and everything. But they are malfunctioning ( I think ). There isnt much sound going trough the front ( where it should be coming from ). In fact , I get a louder sound from the back! Those 3 or 4 holes on the back. I just gave up on them because of that. I had to play my iPod on max volume to get some normal volume when in a room of people while the headphones in the middle of the picture can do that with a forth of the volume. ( or less ).

I also have a HEADPHONE a real PHONE but those are getting old, need to be replaced. ( got those with my webcam ).

I see some people here have UEs and Shure's. Well, those in-ear headphones just dont fit for me and i really hate that. Im sure they rock. How come , though? ugh :mad:

Attachments

• DSC00219.JPG
    DSC00219.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 168

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
SkullCandy Ink'd $10 at F.Y.E

I was talking about headphones with the guy who sits in front of me in math class earlier this evening. That is what he has and he says they sound great.

-Chris

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
I have some Sennheiser PX 200's. cheap, sound pretty good, portable. use for ipod and my work PC. (so my co workers cant hear what youtube vids I'm listening to hehehe)

Attachments

• px200.jpg
    px200.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 3,340

taybone

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Sacramento, CA
The people that swear by Bose are sadly mistaken if they think they are listening to top-end phones. For the price you pay for a pair of triports (which are built quite poorly, actually), you could get a pair of much better sounding phones from another company.

If you truly want good audio quality for a fair price, stay away from Bose. Look at Beyers, Sennheisers, etc. Trust me, I've been through many headphones, and I will never buy Bose again. If you are interested in what to purchase, head-fi.org is a great place to start.

Myself... I use Sennheiser HD580s.

cschreppel

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2006
Boston, MA
Myself... I use Sennheiser HD580s.

I 2nd this. I have two pairs of these. One at home for listening pleasure and one at the studio for recording classical, jazz, and other acoustic music. Flat-ish response (nothing is flat, I don't care what anyone says), great comfort, EXCELLENT definition!

Too bad they're discontinued.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
I roll with Sennheiser 595s for at home and use Shure e2cs for when I'm out and about.

I'm thinking of getting Grado SR60s or Grado SR80s to use as headphones on the go, though. Any thoughts on using those on the go?

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
I just took delivery of 2x pairs of Sennheiser PX100 (one pair for my sister, the other for me, because I got a deal on 2x pairs) & damn am I dissappointed! Headroom describes the sound as on par with the Koss PortaPro, but they sound like absolute garbage compared to my PortaPro!

cans_md_amp.jpg

Safe to say that I am sticking with my PortaPro for portable listening.

MD+amp & Koss PortaPro;
portable_1.jpg

portable_2.jpg

More PortaPro;
portable_5.jpg

I'm a medium kinda guy;
portable_6.jpg

tidytrev

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
minez

i use the stock apple buds for when im out and about and the porta pros are for at home.
the apple buds are getting really rattly and buzzy now but im not sure wether to look for replacements or wait it out till i get a new ipod, anyone got any suggestions for good cheap buds?
my porta pros where £12 from amazon.co.uk and the best bargain iv ever gotten, iv not found anything at any price range that i like better

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 158

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
I just took delivery of 2x pairs of Sennheiser PX100 (one pair for my sister, the other for me, because I got a deal on 2x pairs) & damn am I dissappointed! Headroom describes the sound as on par with the Koss PortaPro, but they sound like absolute garbage compared to my PortaPro!

So here's a question for you (or anyone else rolling with some PortaPros): I'm about to take delivery of some Ultimate Ear Super.fi 5 Pros, but am looking for some cans that would be better suited for a home setup. I realize that the Koss is supposed to be a portable phone, but if I could get a set of them (new) for a whopping cost of $0, would it be a good "buy" for a home setup? If not, is there anything else in that price range (or up to, say, 50% more expensive) available on Amazon.com that would be better? If not, I'll probably end up with some Grados or something, but I would have to pay for those.

tidytrev

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
So here's a question for you (or anyone else rolling with some PortaPros): I'm about to take delivery of some Ultimate Ear Super.fi 5 Pros, but am looking for some cans that would be better suited for a home setup. I realize that the Koss is supposed to be a portable phone, but if I could get a set of them (new) for a whopping cost of $0, would it be a good "buy" for a home setup? If not, is there anything else in that price range (or up to, say, 50% more expensive) available on Amazon.com that would be better? If not, I'll probably end up with some Grados or something, but I would have to pay for those.

look at the amount of portapros posted here and google for portapro review, iv yet to find a bad word said about them, theyv been around for quite a few years and are still used by quite a few ppl now thats standing the test of time

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
I made these on my own out of MDR-EX90 earbuds, and they look ugly - but are the most comfortable and BEST sounding earbuds I've heard to date. (and I've tried UE, Shure and V-Modas - even the nice ones).

Fish-tank air tubing, epoxy and gun-ear plugs. Total cost ~ $5.00. Made $80.00 headphones sound $300.00 +. :D

Attachments

• Headphones.jpg
    Headphones.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 161

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
My mom bought me a pair of Shure SCL3s for Christmas. They fit very comfortably, and the noise canceling is superb. However, the bass is a bit lacking IMHO. However, I'm still entirely pleased with the set.

2171304482_9272d6ae10_o.jpg

Malou

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Denmark
my tiny collection...for ipod i got my new px100, I used to roll the hd 200 but they broke, they are still awesome though. and at home I roll with the hd 555, they are SOOOOO comfortable, I just wish the cable wasnt that darn huge so I could use them with my ipod as well.

Attachments

• hd200.jpg
    hd200.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 1288_7_sennheiser_px100.jpg
    1288_7_sennheiser_px100.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 160
  • Sennheiser%20HD555.jpg
    Sennheiser%20HD555.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,958

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
the porta pros are for at home.
Oh the irony...

50% more than $0 is $0. But yes, there is a reason why the PortaPro design hasn't changed in over 20 years - they are just that freakin' good. In any design (portable, in-ear, sealed, etc.) there is nothing in the same price range as the PortaPro that can even come close.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.