Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
London
I've worried my iPhone battery is faulty because with teh wifi, bluetooth and autobrightness switched off I only get about 5 hours music. Call useage is even less that that!

Is this what everyone else is experiancing?

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
when i bought my iPhone, the first few days were 6 hours, cos i used it constantly, now its leveled out to needing a charge about every 2 days.

~Phi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
chicago
sometimes I get about 3 hours of use before the 20% warning with extremely heavy use. (tons of surfing via edge)

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

I get around 4 hours usage before its in the red. Surf quite a bit during the day. Listen to some music make a few calls. Expected better but as long as it doesnt die on me during the day I'm not to bothered.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
With moderate usage of music/calls/little video the battery lasts the entire day and sometimes two if I don't use it much at all. Turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi will extend the battery life.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
London
sometimes I get about 3 hours of use before the 20% warning with extremely heavy use. (tons of surfing via edge)

Are you happy with that? Have you considered taking it back? Ideally I'd like to only charge it at night and it last all day for calls and ipod.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
London
With moderate usage of music/calls/little video the battery lasts the entire day and sometimes two if I don't use it much at all. Turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi will extend the battery life.

Are your times with the wireless and bluetooth off? That is much better than my iPhone. Hmm thinking I might need to visit Apple.

sokrates

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2006
Well mine lasts 1-2 days, I have wifi and bluetooth always off, use the ipod for let's say 20 minutes per day, type quite some sms, surf a bit, and make a call here and there. I once took it on a trip were I took about 50 pictures, surfed the web all the time, wrote sms and made calls, it lasted about 24 hours (of continuous use) overall I a satisfied with the battery.

HoustonTexans

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
TRUST ME, ITS YOUR PHONE...I had the same problem. I would go to sleep, and wake up to a dead phone. I went to the apple store and they replaced my phone for free. It definetly was my phone because now this one lasts about two to three days. I use my phone quite a bit too. WiFi on all the time.

~Phi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
chicago
Are you happy with that? Have you considered taking it back? Ideally I'd like to only charge it at night and it last all day for calls and ipod.

I'm definitely not thrilled with the battery performance and that's why I got another charger for work. However, other than the battery performance my phone is flawless and I probably shouldn't be doing 20MB worth of surfing at work. :)

How many MB worth of edge surfing does everyone else get before the red?

clarpiglet.11

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2010
i recently got an iphone, a week ago, and at first my battery would drain within 3 and a half to 4 and a half hours, and it would even go down when i was on apps when i was charging it! i spoke to a guy on the apple helpline and he said it should last a day minimum, and to restore it through itunes and see if it made a difference. that helped, and now it lasts about 8 and a half hours on average, more if i don't use it much, but i do use it quite a lot. if it doesn't help, the guy at apple said you have 30 days to send it back to apple and they will replace it. :)

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I have had my iP4 for 2 months now.

3g off

Wifi on

Location services on

Push off

Mail set to manual

Brightness @:55%-60%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.