Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 24, 2007, 02:08 AM   #1
philgilder
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
pay monthly o2 iphone edge settings?

hi, i have a OOB 1.1.2 iphone from the UK which i have jailbroken and activated.

i have an o2 pay monthly sim (not the iphone tariff) in the phone, but i cant seem to get edge to work

i have the box and sometimes the E symbol as well, but each time i try to use it, safari or whatever cannot find server

it was working a while ago, then i used services.app to disable it. i tried re-enabling it and its never worked since then

any ideas? thanks
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 02:22 AM   #2
philgilder
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
ignore this thread now...
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:57 AM   #3
birdy69
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgilder View Post
hi, i have a OOB 1.1.2 iphone from the UK which i have jailbroken and activated.

i have an o2 pay monthly sim (not the iphone tariff) in the phone, but i cant seem to get edge to work

i have the box and sometimes the E symbol as well, but each time i try to use it, safari or whatever cannot find server

it was working a while ago, then i used services.app to disable it. i tried re-enabling it and its never worked since then

any ideas? thanks

Hi mate I have the same problem how have you sorted this?
birdy69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 01:58 PM   #4
philgilder
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
yep, its really easy

ssh onto the iphone to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support

open O2_UK.plist

set APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk", username to "faster" and password to "web"

turn off phone and remove sim
turn on again, then off
put sim back in, then turn on
then reset phone settings

all works fine then!
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:36 AM   #5
birdy69
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Cheers Pal I will give it ago tonight.
birdy69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 08:28 AM   #6
VivsterC
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgilder View Post
yep, its really easy

ssh onto the iphone to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support

open O2_UK.plist

set APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk", username to "faster" and password to "web"

turn off phone and remove sim
turn on again, then off
put sim back in, then turn on
then reset phone settings

all works fine then!

How do u do that ?
VivsterC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:48 AM   #7
philgilder
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
jailbreak iphone
install open SSH
open an SSH client (transmit on mac, dunno about windows)
navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
open the o2_UK.plist

find the area with the APN title
set APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk", username to "faster" and password to "web"
urn off phone and remove sim
turn on again, then off
put sim back in, then turn on
then reset phone settings
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:48 AM   #8
VivsterC
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgilder View Post
jailbreak iphone
install open SSH
open an SSH client (transmit on mac, dunno about windows)
navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
open the o2_UK.plist

find the area with the APN title
set APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk", username to "faster" and password to "web"
urn off phone and remove sim
turn on again, then off
put sim back in, then turn on
then reset phone settings

I got PuTTy for windows, which is just like open SSH ( i think )

But once that is open , i dont know what to do next Lol

i dont get this bit

"navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
open the o2_UK.plist"


God im such a dumb ass Lol.
VivsterC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 01:36 PM   #9
philgilder
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivsterC View Post
I got PuTTy for windows, which is just like open SSH ( i think )

But once that is open , i dont know what to do next Lol

i dont get this bit

"navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
open the o2_UK.plist"


God im such a dumb ass Lol.
openSSH is an iphone app. you need both that, and PuTTy, to do this
open installer.app (you need a jailbroken iphone) and open all packages, scroll to OpenSSH and install

i can only show you stuff for transmit on a mac, but it should be similar

server is the iphones ip address (find in settings > wifi > network name)
user name is: root
password (default) is: alpine
make sure the protocol is SFTP
if the software youre using doesnt work, use FileZilla

then it should be like a hierarchal system (like windows explorer)

just follow through the folders...
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:57 AM   #10
Moleshome
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivsterC View Post
I got PuTTy for windows, which is just like open SSH ( i think )

But once that is open , i dont know what to do next Lol

i dont get this bit

"navigate to / > System > Library > Frameworks > CoreTelephony.framework > Support
open the o2_UK.plist"


God im such a dumb ass Lol.
Get a copy of WinSCP and you can then browse the iPhone a la Explorer.
Moleshome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:48 PM   #11
philgilder
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleshome View Post
Get a copy of WinSCP and you can then browse the iPhone a la Explorer.
or AFPd for macs...
__________________
SJ Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets So THATS why I have no money
philgilder is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Do I Lower My Monthly iPhone Bill? Huntn iPhone 44 Jun 28, 2014 01:52 AM
Carrier: Question regarding iphone and monthly plans MacChinoNyc iPhone 3 Jan 27, 2014 09:10 AM
Carrier: AT&T iPad monthly pay deal? XboxEvolved iPad 3 Sep 16, 2013 07:20 PM
With T-Mobile for the 5S will we be required to pay monthly service DBZmusicboy01 iPhone 9 Sep 15, 2013 01:29 AM
current pay per min vs monthly skype options? tkjazzer Community Discussion 0 Jun 9, 2013 11:36 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC