Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Hey,

I wanted to sync my ipod today and something weird started happening. Ill explain in steps.

1) I connect my iPod , the "Syncing iPod" screen appears on the IPOD. Also , iTunes is optimizing photos , all works fine. Also , a folder pops up displaying all the folders on the ipod ( just like you're using an USB stick , im using Windows XP )
2) Then I go to the sync screen and select the albums I wanna sync.
3) I click sync , and the folder dissapeared and it looks like the ipod is ejected. iTunes freezes , it says syncing ipod but the round circle that spins doesnt appear. Also , on the IPOD itself its just charging , not syncing.
4) Then , iTunes gives me this error saying The Required disk cannot be found. The disk dissapeared just before I sync my iPod. It just dissapears from "My computer" in Windows.

I need to sync my iPod a bit , as I have a trip coming up. I do have some content on there but would like to get this fixed.
Also, I recently installed FlyakiteOSX ( changes system files to look like OS X ) can this be the problem?
Any ideas?

EDIT: ANother Question: I probably wont get this fixed by tommorow , so ill leave it for now. Enough content on there. Maybe a full iPod Restore will work? Anyway, my iPod can work fine if I just restore it right? Nothing is ever broken , just restore the firmware and its good. My iPod won't be a brick now , i think?
Thanks.

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
This link will tell you what to do. You can not lose anything as all your songs etc are on itunes.

Yeah, I already looked there. When I come back from the trip , I will restore the iPod see how that works. I can't risk loosing my music now as im gone for some days.

But as long as the hardware works ok , nothing is broke , as software can just be reinstalled. Thats nice :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.