Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
My niece asked me this question today and I can't find anywhere on the phone or AT&T's website where one can view the number of text messages sent and/or received. I'm not really sure why she even wants to know this since she has unlimited text with her plan, but nonethless - does anyone know if this information is available anywhere? I couldn't find it anywhere on the phone itself.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Sadly you have to log in into your att wireless account.

If you don't have the bookmark, in your iPhone Go to Settings -> Phone -> AT&T Services -> AT&T MyAccount, Then Safari opens the website and you log in.

I was hoping to find it listed in the AT&T Services like the View My Minutes request.
I am not a big SMS user so I don't care how much I have used, but I would imagine that AT&T must have a way to request that info like you'll do it with other phones/carriers: either via sending a SMS to request that or dialing an * number.
________
Rambler Classic

Last edited:

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
My received text messages are all sequentially numbered. Also, in the online account management main page under the data tab it says Messaging and the number of messages used. Clicking on View Details lists every text message sent and received along with the time and date.

I don't think she could need much more information than all of that.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I would recommend...

checking the monthly bill. Each text message is given a number and you can see the phone number that the text message was sent to and the time it was sent, and for whatever reason the text message list 2.0 minutes per message, regardless of the length of the text message. I have family unlimited text msg plan as well and it's a real bargain. :cool:

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
Does placing a call to *DATA# not work? That's *3282#.

I've never tried it and since I just merged two iPhones into a family plan my data information is not available until my next billing cycle.

I can confirm that calling this number results in a pop-up on the iPhone: "Thank you, your request is being processed. A message will be sent to your phone."

The SMS response I receive reads, "This information is not available until your next bill cycle."

Can someone let me know what they get back as an SMS. I know if I did this on Verizon I got back my SMS sent and received numbers.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
You get a text that says data: Unlimited, and then Messaging: #of messages left.

It took a second, because I really thought I'd used 1416 texts, until i read it said DATA REMAINING at the top.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Cool, thanks for the tips everyone. She's on a prepaid phone, I don't know if that matters. Anyway, it turns out she was just in an argument with her friend about who sends the most text messages. She just wanted to check it to see who won... :rolleyes: Freaking teenagers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.