Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MP3Architect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
hey guys. i just moved to london and the house im staying in has ethernet. i have to sign in on safari and after i do it says some ports are blocked on the internet connection. I noticed I cannot recieve or send emails so i am assuming that its because those ports (110) are blocked. Anybody have an idea of which ports I should use or whatever so i can use mail rather than safari for my email. Spanks.

MP3Architect

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
tried both of those and neither work. i had been using 110 in the states and never had issues.

MKnight

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
That makes no sense and I highly doubt your ISP is going to block port 110 as this is the standard incoming port to connect to a pop3 email server.

Your ISP probably won't block this as you wouldn't be able to use one of their own email accounts they provided you.

You should contact your ISP or email provider for information on what ports to use.

hey guys. i just moved to london and the house im staying in has ethernet. i have to sign in on safari and after i do it says some ports are blocked on the internet connection. I noticed I cannot recieve or send emails so i am assuming that its because those ports (110) are blocked. Anybody have an idea of which ports I should use or whatever so i can use mail rather than safari for my email. Spanks.

Draddy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
I'm having the same problem on a school network... is there a programI can run to find open ports?

Bauhaus

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
No luck

I have upgraded to snow leopard and now I cannot send emails. I use orange and the message I get is

"Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent."

I have no other mail servers and up until two days ago all worked fine.

Tried switching ports, 25 110 587 no difference. So much for a smooth upgrade

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.