Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brian0526

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Ohio
I have a bizarre situation with Mac Mail. I have a message that I cannot get out of my in-box. It's grayed out. It won't display. But, the header keeps showing up in my "Inbox". I've tried moving it to the trash using the menu. I've tried using the delete button. But, no matter what I do, it will just not go away.

I've never seen anything like this and have no clue what happened with this email to make it so persistent. Any ideas?

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
is it a POP or IMAP account?

If it's an IMAP account try deleting that message off the server and then "get mail" in Apple Mail..

Have you tried quitting out of mail and coming back in?

Rebooting Mac?

I have a bizarre situation with Mac Mail. I have a message that I cannot get out of my in-box. It's grayed out. It won't display. But, the header keeps showing up in my "Inbox". I've tried moving it to the trash using the menu. I've tried using the delete button. But, no matter what I do, it will just not go away.

I've never seen anything like this and have no clue what happened with this email to make it so persistent. Any ideas?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Had this myself once. Here's the solution from the Apple site. It was the index rebuild that fixed it for me.

brian0526

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Ohio
Thanks

You guys are awesome!

I did a rebuild of the mailbox and the message went away (after only 4 months).

Peace,
Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.